BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
Junzey
Rep
Drives: E88 135I

Newbie Audio Upgrade.

Hello folks,

newbie from the uk

Recently bought a 135i vert ..

had the dealer install the alpine upgrade but the underseat subs sound crap and one seems to have siezed.

i have seen a upgraded one from the hifi unit...

has anybody had experience powering these from the alpine amp and how do these sound in comparison.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junzey View Post
Hello folks,

newbie from the uk

Recently bought a 135i vert ..

had the dealer install the alpine upgrade but the underseat subs sound crap and one seems to have siezed.

i have seen a upgraded one from the hifi unit...

has anybody had experience powering these from the alpine amp and how do these sound in comparison.

thanks
I'm about to do the alpine retrofit (waiting for it to come from schmiedmann), but i've read that the kit significantly improved the bass quality from the factory underseats...If you're looking to upgrade the underseats i've read good things about the Earthquake sws-8x underseat subwoofers (some say they're the best) but i cant confirm from personal experience

http://www.earthquakesound.eu/car-au...rs/sws-8x.aspx
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 06:40 AM   #3
Junzey
Rep
Drives: E88 135I

Hello ,

Yeah it does significantly increase the bass underseat.

but i still think its crap ... i've read about the earthquakes but are a bit pricey atm (as to get the most out of them would need an additional amp)

saying that the alpine upgrade (new mids +tweeters ) makes a huge difference to the clarity.

hence i wanted to add the 8" subs from the HiFi unit and wanted to know if its much of a difference. over the 6.5

Thanks
Appreciate 0