BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Brad135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 FiST

Venting: BMW and Crown BMW, Greensboro, NC

Wow...

Frustrated and disappointed.

My Driver's Tail Light needed to be replaced due to the LEDs burning/shorting out, so I had Crown look at the same stuff as in February's visit, too.

They replaced the Driver's side lens only. I was thinking it should have been both Driver's and Passenger's and referenced SIB 63 03 10. Maybe I was incorrect.

Concerning the radio that has stopped working, twice now, (SIB 65 16 09) they indicated it would have been reprogrammed with my HPFP Recall Computer reflash this past February. Sounds odd to me, but they know what they are telling me, right? Will need to drive it to the shop and show them it's not working next time.

N54 Turbo lag is now a programmed in feature due to the HPFP. BMW no longer stands by it's claim to have virtually eliminated the lag. Apparently the Throttle was the problem (according to the service advisor) and they made it less sensitive to protect the pump/engine.

Chirps from the wheels are normal during driving (without brakes being applied).

The service rep did apologize for all the greasy handprints throughout the black interior. Even with my bright yellow microfiber cloth on the passenger seat, they failed to clean up after themselves. Apparently the interior cleaning missed the spots or created them.

AND they must have used sand paper to wash my car. The finish is embarrassing! It looks terrible.

Now here's where I get into trouble:

I've had other brands and I've taken them in for fixes. In 99% of the cases all has been fixed and addressed. I feel, having bought a premium vehicle from a premium brand, this is my most disappointing vehicle ownership experience in 25 years.

It is ashamed, because I use to LOVE the N54, and the rear suspension is my absolute favorite, ever!

I'll take the car to another dealership at some point, but I shouldn't need to. Maybe a fresh attitude and service center is what is needed.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM

I'm sorry man. You shouldn't have to deal with this crap from a dealership. Unfortunately there are dealerships like this no matter what type of car you own. I had it happen to my old Nissan Sentra SeR SpecV..
Try another dealer man I hate seeing a terrible dealership ruin the love this car deserves
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Owning a BMW is a joy but an incompetent dealership can kill that experience easily. I am very thankful to have such a great BMW center(BMW of Austin) in my town that when i hear stories like this my jaw drops. Greasy hand prints? Really? That's not acceptable in Honda Civic let alone a BMW,try another dealer and contact BMWNA if necessary. This is unacceptable.

On a side note when the LEDs go out on the taillight does a light come on in the instrument cluster???

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Brad135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

"On a side note when the LEDs go out on the taillight does a light come on in the instrument cluster???"

No light came on in the instrument cluster to indicate the light was out. My brother happened to notice it the morning we took my mom in for surgery. Two days later it was still out and no dash warning light was visible.

The good news is that I didn't do any night time driving before dropping it off on Wednesday of last week. The tail light didn't arrive until the the following Monday, but the tech was out, so I had to wait until today (Tuesday). I hope it's not normal to take a week to replace these defective lenses/seals/leds for everyone else.

I do have one really nice and shiny tail light! It would have looked nicer with two, but at least they are both working for now.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
UNC135i
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black 135i

If you can get to Charlotte, Hendrick is the BEST. Great service advisor too, so if you are interested drop me a PM. Hendrick treats customers like family!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Sounds like a bad dealer. They should have replaced BOTH rear tail lights. No light comes on to warn you of the LED failure. I noticed mine when I unlocked my car one morning. My dealer replaced both lights. There is a newer design which is not suppose to fail like the old LED's do at the circiut board.

As for the new 'turbo lag" there is not much that can be done. Unless you can talk a dealer into flashing some old software back onto your car's DME. The latest SW update for the N54 really sucks balls. Time for a tune!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad135 View Post
"On a side note when the LEDs go out on the taillight does a light come on in the instrument cluster???"

No light came on in the instrument cluster to indicate the light was out. My brother happened to notice it the morning we took my mom in for surgery. Two days later it was still out and no dash warning light was visible.
That's disappointing BMW usually does a good job of having stuff light up on the cluster when a light goes out.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
rps
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

That stinks. If you want to come to the beach, bring it into Sandy Sansing BMW in Pensacola. They are GREAT and treat customers like family.
      08-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
Groundzero
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
The service rep did apologize for all the greasy handprints throughout the black interior. Even with my bright yellow microfiber cloth on the passenger seat, they failed to clean up after themselves. Apparently the interior cleaning missed the spots or created them.

AND they must have used sand paper to wash my car. The finish is embarrassing! It looks terrible.
One thing I have learned over the years is to never let a dealer wash a car. I always make it a point to get it in writing that my car will not be washed. I'm not going to spend a weekend polishing the car because some kid at the dealer doesn't know how to wash a car. I also take pictures of the car before bringing it in so I have proof if the dealer scratches the car or wheels.

The sad part is crappy service stretches across the board. I've had bad experiences with Audi, Volvo, and VW.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
Brad135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundzero View Post
Quote:

One thing I have learned over the years is to never let a dealer wash a car. I always make it a point to get it in writing that my car will not be washed. I'm not going to spend a weekend polishing the car because some kid at the dealer doesn't know how to wash a car. I also take pictures of the car before bringing it in so I have proof if the dealer scratches the car or wheels.

The sad part is crappy service stretches across the board. I've had bad experiences with Audi, Volvo, and VW.
I specifically asked for the car not to be washed. I even pointed out that I had just washed it an hour prior to delivering it to them for repairs. I was embarrassed to drop it off dirty. And the brakes do make the car dirty often and quickly.

The ironic thing is that I'm so conscious and concerned that I give them a clean car, because I have pride in ownership...and I didn't receive that in return.

They failed on so many levels.

I've been a fan since before I had my license. I even have the letters where I wrote executives back in the 80's. And I've had a framed high quality poster of a BMW 850i hanging on my wall since it was given to me by the marketing department in the early 90's.

I'll be sharing my experiences and story with the executives and their marketing folks very soon. Any additional contact info I should know?

Thanks for letting me vent. I appreciate the support and insight.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
chili555
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC135i View Post
If you can get to Charlotte, Hendrick is the BEST. Great service advisor too, so if you are interested drop me a PM. Hendrick treats customers like family!!
Evidently, you have elected not to receive PMs.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
Hokie135Hi
Black Magic
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [6.06]
FLOW BMW at Winston-Salem was good to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
UNC135i
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
Evidently, you have elected not to receive PMs.
Just joined... i didn't know.. sorry. How do I change that?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
chili555
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC135i View Post
Just joined... i didn't know.. sorry. How do I change that?
At the top, click User CP > Edit Options > Enable Private Messaging > Save Changes. You'll know you have it right when you get one from me!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
tomegun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528, 428 GC

Garage List
2014 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps View Post
That stinks. If you want to come to the beach, bring it into Sandy Sansing BMW in Pensacola. They are GREAT and treat customers like family.
I leased my 335 (since turned in) from them when I lived in Biloxi. I had wanted a BMW for a while, but I couldn't find a dealer that treated me right - not even associated with $$$. I had a good experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundzero View Post
Crappy customer service stretches across industries too. It seems like a thing of the past.
Appreciate 0