BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #23
sknsfan82
Private
Rep
Drives:

from my understanding sales tax % varies from state to state however if you where station overseas for 30 or more days with the car you are exempt from tax you will still have to pay a small tax to register it but nowhere near the price you would have to pay if you had it shipped here
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 03:12 AM   #24
hercdriver03
Registered
Rep
Drives:

i'm also out here in the big sandbox and looking at military sales. i've been talking to a guy from First Choice MSP. i hope i don't sound like an idiot, but is this the same company as Superior and PCS?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #25
swiftss13
808 Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 135i /05 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver03 View Post
i'm also out here in the big sandbox and looking at military sales. i've been talking to a guy from First Choice MSP. i hope i don't sound like an idiot, but is this the same company as Superior and PCS?
It is the same program but different dealers. They all offer the same pricing set by the BMW Military Sales Program. Here it is all about customer service. I personally went with Pentagon Car Sales as that is who I used last time to purchase a Bimmer when I was here in Iraq. Good Luck with your purchase!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #26
hercdriver03
Registered
Rep
Drives:

thanks. yeah, i continued looking through some other threads and found the answer, too. i need to not be so lazy next time. i'm getting excited, though, now that i've got everything narrowed down. this forum is amazing; helped to answer most of my questions. now i've just got to take care of things and get this baby ordered!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:59 AM   #27
niminuh
Rep
Drives:

This forum has been very helpful; I had no idea about the program till I visited this site, many thanks. But I have come upon one issue, the pentagon sales rep is helpful in answer my questions, but is attempting the "hurry up and buy before economy goes any lower/ hurry up and buy we are running out" approach. Anyone else run into this situation? I do not want to buy a car now and have it sit around 7 months before I touch it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:43 AM   #28
Cris
What's FWD?
Rep
Drives: Former E82, current E39

My PCS rep never pressured me into buying a car. All he and his colleague did was answer any questions I have. When I decided to make the purchase, it was the most stress-free and smoothest vehicle purchasing process I've EVER experienced. The economy is definitely going to the crapper, and BMW did stop production of their vehicles for one week. As you know by now, there is no need for haggling whatsoever, and everyone pays the same price (respective to additional options added). That said, if you feel pressured, don't get it from that PCS location.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #29
turbobum
Family Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: White '09 135i

Did anyone else get any floor mats purchasing through the MSP?

I didn't get a full tank of gas either, in fact, they didn't give me any gas. I left the dealer lot with 0 miles to empty. That didn't bother me, since the dealer didn't make the sale, but shouldn't all BMWs come with floor mats...standard?

They're standard eqipment on $14,000 Focuses and Cobalts.

So, where's the best place to get some "factory" floor mats?