BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
inthemovie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2012 Lotus Evora, x1

Bob Smith BMW Calabasas Ca, Horrible Stay Away

I was dealing with Chris Marino Internet Manager at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas Looking at new BMW’s and Minis’. I was trading in BMW with only 1600 miles and I like to get figures for the trade first so Chris Marino gave his best trade in figure and it was about $3000.00 less than I wanted but then he to told me to hold on a minute and then he told yes I can give you trade in amount you want. A little skeptical I said, you just gave me a lower price and now you can give me 3K more, yes he says. I then said OK no games. He said of course not.

So I go out and look at different cars, tests drives find the one I want go back to his office and this guy tried pull fast one. I told him early on that I had my own financing and just give me the out the door price. Chris asked what my interest rate is. 2.9% I reply for 72 month if I want. Great he says I will give you your monthly payment I tell him can you just give me the out the door price and I can figure it out myself as my payment will be $15.15 per thousand financed. He tells me my payment with the equity in the trade will be $626.00 a month. I come back with no way that is about twice what the payment should be.

What are you figures I ask and all I get back from him is your payment will be $626.00 and oh, I will need $2,500.00 cash from you. What I say to him give me the breakdown on the deal as I am ready to walk out. He tells me that my trade in is not the amount I wanted but original amount and the $2,500.00 cash he wants will make up the difference plus the discount on the new car and now with all of that I am getting the trade in amount I wanted.

Sure, this guy must think I am some kind of idiot. I told Chris Marino that he is liar and I walked out. I sent a email to the owner of dealership Catherine Smith to tell her what I think of there sales staff and to my surprise I got reply right away and she was very concerned about my experience and wanted help me out. Well, I talked to her over the phone I while she apologized for my experience at her dealership she excused the situation as big misunderstanding and she is just as bad as Chris Marino. Stay away from this dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Roshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 - MW, 6MT.

Check out Southbay BMW in Torrance. Between my family and friends we wave purchased 10+ BMWs from them. Have always been treated well.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
allanak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [2.00]
I've dealt with Chris before. I bought my used 330i from him when he ran EU California, an ebay dealer which seems to be dead and gone now. He left his own dealership in Burbank to be the internet sales manager at Bob Smith. I ran into some issues with the nav system and he had Bob Smith take care of me after making a big stink out of it, and this was before he worked there. Long story short, I became bored with my 330i and went back to him to shop for my 1er. He didn't seem very willing to make me that good of a deal and he should know better considering I bought my last car from him on ebay, it's obvious I'm a fairly savvy shopper. It looks like you've already posted in the e90post thread about it.
Appreciate 0