BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Thumbs down Towne BMW Service - Buffalo, NY

Well I needed my front brakes and rotors replaced as per the computer, so I booked the car into Towne BMW in Buffalo since I had to drive down from Toronto for the day and it was the closest. Booked 2 weeks in advance, letting them know I'd only be there for that 1 day, giving them all the details of my car.

They told me they only provide loaners to their customers who bought the car there (which I didn't). Fine, so I don't know anyone in the town but luckily my friend was driving down with me so I'd have some method of transportation.

I arrive in the morning to drop the car off, no one really pays attention so I have to wait for a while but finally get hustled into one of their glass cubicles. The guy tells me they're very busy but it should be done by the end of the day.

Spent some time running some errands in the area with my friend, and I really needed the car back by 4pm. I wait till after 3, then decide to give them a call. After waiting on hold for a bit they tell me the car has been ready. Wondering why they hadn't called me to tell me rather than me having to call, I hurried back over to the dealership.

When I get there, they inform me that they didn't do anything except flush the brake fluid because they're out of stock for the pads and rotors. Great, so my trip was pretty much a waste.

The guy didn't even apologize, and said something along the lines of "your computer says you have 900 miles left so you have some time to bring it in somewhere else to get them replaced."

Anyway, I'll never be going back again, what a waste of a trip. I don't have time to be coming back often, so this really screwed me over. I'm thinking about either paying for it to be done locally in Toronto or just buying some Hawk pads and doing it myself.

Last edited by scorcherjf; 05-22-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0