BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #23
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Sorry, I can't read 'Turbo boos' without posting this.

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #24
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Huh? Why wouldn't you be able to heal toe? Honestly never even consciously thought about it, definitely never had an issue with 1M. Heal toe rev match at down shift in this car is no different than any other car regardless of M button.
The M Button being engaged increases the throttle response, meaning your heal need only tap the gas pedal to pull the rpm up to match your desired gear. Give it a try, makes a huge difference IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

I think I have settled on MDM for daily usage. I actually got on it and got the car nicely sideways with MDM on the way to work this morning. .. and good thing it was on... (hehehe) as the pavement was cold and off camber ... it's very possible I could have gotten it a good 45 degrees sideways... Agree with pete that the first gear acceleration is just insane. I save the MDM off for track days. I actually like the M button on for spirited cornering... both street, track.. and autocross.. but otherwise I don't turn it on.

I don't drive my car every day... I'd like to keep my license.... and anything under 90mph on the highway feels downright slow
Appreciate 0