AM3SOS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 M3

Garage List
2009 e90 M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
You put a deposit down of $500, which would be applied to the total price of the vehicle. Does that -$500 remain off the total price for the new buyer.
yes
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #24
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymalo22 View Post
Bmw of Roxbury I still own the rights. Im selling the rights just to get back my deposit. If you are interested in purchasing the rights from me pm me.
Hey Hassan, been there, done that havnt we... I would stay away from these guys. After spending a few hrs with them about 3 weeks ago, because this car was 'available' I walked away. I wouldnt pay a premium. At the time the sales manager appeared interested to make a deal if I would agree to $2,500 over premium. I wonder how many other people believe they have 'rights' to this particular car..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #25
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WULFFZA View Post
Hey Hassan, been there, done that havnt we... I would stay away from these guys. After spending a few hrs with them about 3 weeks ago, because this car was 'available' I walked away. I wouldnt pay a premium. At the time the sales manager appeared interested to make a deal if I would agree to $2,500 over premium. I wonder how many other people believe they have 'rights' to this particular car..

Sorry but BMW Roxbury is so grimy. If i walk in there right now and offer $500 more than you they would sell me the car in a heart beat. Those guys are total pricks.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #26
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymalo22 View Post
Im not ripping people off. The money I payed, is the deposit. So technically i payed $500 towards the total price of the car. Im not asking for extra money, just what i payed for. Im sorry that there have been failed attempts at selling rights, but the only reason why i would post this is because ive spoken to many people close to me who have done the same thing and it has worked without any problems.
Did you sign a contract that clearly states that your deposit is non-refundable?

I believe in New York, such deposit are refundable.
But I'm not lawyer.

If you did a credit card deposit, then call your CC company and file a charge dispute.

I don't see how you "own" the car at all.
All you have is a deposit on a car. If you don't purchase the vehicle, then you don't own it.

At this point, I'll say another buyer can go and actually buy the car if they signed the paper work and paid for the car.
Then you'd be left trying to get your deposit back.
Appreciate 0