BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

I Plan On Keeping My 135i M-Sport Forever!

I Plan On Keeping My BMW 135i M-Sport Forever!

This is the best car BMW has ever made. Buying another BMW would be a waste of money. The same for any other brand.

What makes this car so satifying? As it comes from the factory, the steering, suspension, power, and creature comforts are all perfect. They don't need any changes. What I especially like is the plain simple interior with no shiny knobs or goofy infotainment nonsense.

A few words need to be said about the styling and coach work. The One is a two-door coupe with a simple boxy silhouette with plenty of glass area. This is ideal for the driver to see what is going on around him on the road. It is also the perfect platform for driving out in the country and viewing the cows mooing in the fields, one of my favorite activities!

Regarding the coach work, this is what you are really paying for when you buy a German car. The body is screwed, bolted, and welded together unlike under brands where some components are glued together.

The climate control is easy to operate and functions perfectly. The radio is simple to use, and you can play all your favorite albums using the USB port. The trip computer is pretty neat too.

The sticker said the MPG were 18->25, and mine hits it just about in the middle of the range. I guess for a small car it is a little piggy on premium, oink oink!

I did do a couple of things. I got rid of the run-flat tires for a proper set of Michelin All Seasons, a set of Hawk Ceramic Brake Pad, and a Radar Detector.

Since I plan on keeping the car forever, I have made a study of the problems I might have with it. Most of them I can fix, but the heavy drudgery I can pay a wrench to do.

The problems:

The oil filter housing leaking oil. Here's the best video how to do the repair:

The valve cover gasket repair:

The water pump replacement:

The DCT transmission leak:

If the pan isn't leaking, then the side cover or the mechatronic sleeve is. The transmission will have to be removed to effect this repair. The dealer did mine under warranty. Figure 9 hours of labor and $20 of parts, ouch! I put the car on stands once a year and take off the splash cover to check for oil leaks.

Of course there are other problems. I had a bad injector on cylinder two which my scanner spotted. With modern cars many functons are computer controlled and an owner needs a first rate scanner:

ICarsoft Multi-system Car Diagnostic Tool BMM V2.0

Well that's it for the moment, but the saga will continue, count on me to keep you informed!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Another Tutti Fruity masterpiece of a thread!!
Appreciate 0