Underwood
BMW > Audi+ Merc. Simple math.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 14' Wrangler

Oh come on, so not true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
Omega or Rolex. But for driving none is needed... Clocks are everywhere! In the car, the phone etc. The only reason to wear one on the arm is to show what you can afford. Its jewelry nothing else... ;-)
Funny you say so... People wearing high-end timepieces often do so because of a personal interest... Never seen one wearing expensive watches admit they do it to show he/she can afford it. Mostly people that can't afford have that opinion.

Which brings me to my next question, would you say M-owners buy the car to show they can afford it? And don't mention they seek the performance. You can get pretty much the same performance for less money if you like to, and most owners doesn't even take the car to its full potential... No, the answer to why people buy high-end cars is the same to why people by high end watches. It's the feeling you seek, the appreciation of design, functionality and quality. You could argue that high-end watches are over-priced, but people still feel value for money if it brings a special feeling to them. "Nothing is expensive that is worth it's price". One other funny thing is that owning a, let's say Seiko, could set you back more than owning a Rolex - something not many people realize.

Of course there are exceptions, but in general this is the answer.

Anyway - the original question is a bit funny. I don't really adapt the choice of watch to what I'm doing. I usually wear my submariner, a watch I constantly return to - my daily wearer.

I like this thread though, as a watch enthusiast it's funny to see what type of taste in watches people drinving 1M's have.

Keep it coming!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #47
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

So we moved the threads about engine/transmission/suspension etc. away from the main area to make more room for this?

I'm happy for you guys with your nice timepeices,shoes and underware but this isn't why I came to the 1M site.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #48
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Gator View Post
So we moved the threads about engine/transmission/suspension etc. away from the main area to make more room for this?

I'm happy for you guys with your nice timepeices,shoes and underware but this isn't why I came to the 1M site.
Then why are you wasting time a) reading and b) posting in the thread to help keep it near the top?
      11-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #49
Underwood
BMW > Audi+ Merc. Simple math.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 14' Wrangler

never mind then

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Gator View Post

You should know that the interest in cars often goes hand in hand with the one in watches. It not about being the "fancypants"

If you dont find interest in watches, never mind this thread?

I don't read all the threads in this forum...

Also, if you only want to read about engine, trans.. ans so on only, why don't you stay in that category at all time?

Last edited by Underwood; 11-27-2011 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: one more thing...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #50
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

BMWGator, thanks for actually convincing me to post here as well!

Tissot Touch I have, it has an altimeter that I am not able to understand how the hell it is working but it really works and neither cell phone nor the car has an altimeter, in case I would need a justification
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #51
RPChan
BMW for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e93 M3 HT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiningnova View Post

I'm thinking of one of these. So far I only managed to find them from a European Ebay seller tho.

What motor sport inspired time piece do you wear?!
Graham Silverstone Timezone Special Edition in VO with Carbon Fiber.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:09 AM   #52
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

Regarding the watches and expensive cars. The 1M is not an expensive car if you ask me. Its a bargain! In a straight line you can find something as quick for less money but add track and the pure fun of this car and its really hard to find something similar at this price. So don't agree on that.

Regarding watches. I personally don't like things around arms, necks, fingers etc. The only reason I would wear a watch is to match the rest. Business meeting in full suite etc. Omega or Rolex would be the stuff people recognize and shows you are a successful businessman/salesrep or whatever. So in some situation and working environments its actually important to "dress up". Most people that show off usually cannot afford it. Meaning loans and stuff. Regarding time we have internet synched time all around us. Phones, computers and even some cars. A watch today is not needed for other things thann jewelry.

Just my opinion. So no I would never wear a "driving watch". To me the idea is just silly. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:17 AM   #53
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

One-emm: I guess we are just two Swedes that don't get it. ;-) The thing we get and agree on is that the 1M is a superb car! Will let you continue with the accessories as if it brings you joy then its a good thing! ;-) Some ideas from me: 1M driving gloves, 1M driving hat, 1M M&M, 1M orange condoms, jeans with orange stitching, color your hair orange, use orange for your mobile phone, 1M driving wheel on your back so your wife can control you better. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #54
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

Sorry I did mean BMW-gator in the last thread not my Swedish peer. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #55
TEAM SLO
Slo'est E90 around
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i gone, 2011 335IX e90 6mt

Was a big Movado fan for a few years, had 4 of them, but now finally moved onto an Omega Seamaster Automatic Chronometer in black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0