BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #67
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.payne View Post

-robert
The dealer gets them under invoice price so your dealers profit is a little off.....I got mine under invoice....but then again mine didnt have any fees added either
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #68
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
wow this thread went to hell quick... this guy got a sweet deal... props to him! i doubt with all the fuss he will want to help you guys go do the leg work and it will pay off

i am jealous.... 2700 could buy a nice set of track rims and tires
      04-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #69
mastermav
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F82

Quote:
Thanks. No production number yet. Just signed the paperwork Saturday morning. CA said he'd get the order in right away. Should get prod# this next week.
Dealership can just put your order as lowest priority meaning not submitting in the system keeping their allocation for someone else. For you it means waiting for the car 3-6 months. I would really run after them to get production number asap, because it is the only way to make sure your order is in. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #70
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Cic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermav View Post
Dealership can just put your order as lowest priority meaning not submitting in the system keeping their allocation for someone else. For you it means waiting for the car 3-6 months. I would really run after them to get production number asap, because it is the only way to make sure your order is in. Good luck.
Here's the kicker: Valley Auto World doesn't even have an allocation and who knows if they'll even get another one. Promises, promises. Looks like they took another player out of the market by giving something away they don't even have. It's like putting up a sign in front of the gas station that says "free gas", but you have no gas in the tanks to sell.

I, for one, received Robert Payne's fax and respectfully replied. I wish I could've even quoted an offer, but until I get another sniff of an allocation (got four 135i coupes in the first round of allocation and not one since), there's no point in making an offer, if I don't have anything to offer to begin with.

Plus, there's nothing binding on this dealership's part. It's kinda like when you leave a deposit for a car, there's nothing really binding until you take delivery, so Robert could pay more and deal with a center that can make a real offer on a real allocation and production number and be on his way. Cheers to the long wait and empty promises. :drinking: Hopefully, this dealership will do the right thing and try to trade for one (good luck with that one- all the centers I know of will only trade a 135i for a 135i, so if you don't have one to give, you don't get one.)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #71
buckwheat986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

adrian,

great info, thanks....
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #72
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
Here's the kicker: Valley Auto World doesn't even have an allocation and who knows if they'll even get another one. Promises, promises. Looks like they took another player out of the market by giving something away they don't even have. It's like putting up a sign in front of the gas station that says "free gas", but you have no gas in the tanks to sell.

I, for one, received Robert Payne's fax and respectfully replied. I wish I could've even quoted an offer, but until I get another sniff of an allocation (got four 135i coupes in the first round of allocation and not one since), there's no point in making an offer, if I don't have anything to offer to begin with.

Plus, there's nothing binding on this dealership's part. It's kinda like when you leave a deposit for a car, there's nothing really binding until you take delivery, so Robert could pay more and deal with a center that can make a real offer on a real allocation and production number and be on his way. Cheers to the long wait and empty promises. :drinking: Hopefully, this dealership will do the right thing and try to trade for one (good luck with that one- all the centers I know of will only trade a 135i for a 135i, so if you don't have one to give, you don't get one.)
Ok, what do you think is a reasonable amount to ask for? $1500 off msrp? $1k? Thanks!
      04-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #73
mastermav
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4135i View Post
Ok, what do you think is a reasonable amount to ask for? $1500 off msrp? $1k? Thanks!
I just sent an e-mail to closest dealers indicating that I’m ready to place an order today asking the best price. Then few phone calls to find out the soonest allocation date, nicely ask to match the price with lowest, and finally put the deposit.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #74
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

The simple answer to the question (why wouldnt they take an easy deal for $800) is, Because in a matter of days (maybe hours) so one will come in and pay full price/close to. I commend you (honestly) on getting the deal done but its not that hard to do if you are prepaired to give up alot of the benifets you get out of building a relationship with a C.A, S.A and the dealership as a whole.. many wont understand what im trying to say here but no matter..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #75
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Firstly, BMW NA isn't giving us much mark up to begin with on 1er's. It's actually laughable.

Depends on availability. If your local center has only one allocation, well, it's very easy to assume little or no flexibility. If they have one in stock and it's been in stock from when they first came out, I can see some flexibility, but I can't speak for other BMW centers.

If the center has the only one in the whole region or country in the color combo and configuration you want, why would there be any justification to discount such a car? Being nice can only go so far. :wink:
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #76
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

^^O.k, well maybe he understands what i was trying to say.... lol

+1
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #77
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Firstly, BMW NA isn't giving us much mark up to begin with on 1er's. It's actually laughable.

Depends on availability. If your local center has only one allocation, well, it's very easy to assume little or no flexibility. If they have one in stock and it's been in stock from when they first came out, I can see some flexibility, but I can't speak for other BMW centers.

If the center has the only one in the whole region or country in the color combo and configuration you want, why would there be any justification to discount such a car? Being nice can only go so far. :wink:
They have one demo and no other 135i's on the lot. I thought being patient enough to order a car and wait for it to arrive would allow me to ask for some type of discount without offending anyone.
      04-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #78
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Guess it's a good thing I didn't order from them then. I just said that they made a very good counter-offer and it sounded like someone might be able to get a good deal from them.

-robert

Performance Center Delivery was awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #79
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They have one demo and no other 135i's on the lot. I thought being patient enough to order a car and wait for it to arrive would allow me to ask for some type of discount without offending anyone.

That would normaly help, but only if there was any kind of greater allocation. Sadly the allocation is the allocation, which is not many.. which in turn will result in the normal discount..

It would be like if i wantd the NEW GT-R but didnt want to pay the $30K+ over sticker for it.. If i called a dealer and said id wait for the next ones available would they give it to me at ms.r.p (let alone a discount)?? I dont think so..

Which is really sad coz i want one... lol
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #80
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Guess it's a good thing I didn't order from them then. I just said that they made a very good counter-offer and it sounded like someone might be able to get a good deal from them.

-robert
:

I don't see an order in the system. I hope I'm wrong and maybe they haven't placed your order yet, but I'd be asking for a production number if I were you. Like I said before, promising a deal, and actually giving it, are two different things.

Search Summary

0 Vehicles match your current search criteria.

Model:0822 - 2008 135i Cp
Color:475 Black Sapphire Metallic
Upholstery:LWB7 Lemon Boston Leather
Options:All Options
Excluded Options:No Options
Priority:All Priorities
Region:All Regions
Market:
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #81
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
:

I don't see an order in the system. I hope I'm wrong and maybe they haven't placed your order yet, but I'd be asking for a production number if I were you. Like I said before, promising a deal, and actually giving it, are two different things.
Adrian,

Thanks for the search. I called the dealership earlier today and was told that my CA had the day off since he worked on Saturday. So, I'm not sweating it just yet.

-robert

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #82
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325

Quote:
:

Search Summary

Market:
Wow, can you check if my car is in the system, sorry to go off topic.

Quote:
Adrian,

Thanks for the search. I called the dealership earlier today and was told that my CA had the day off since he worked on Saturday. So, I'm not sweating it just yet.

-robert
Robert,
I dont know why so many people are hating. I wish I could of gotten this deal, but I didnt think of it. I dont sweat it, but on my next car will definatly do this. Congrats again. And it is smart that you havent given the dealer you got it from. I caught on to that earlier in the thread.
      04-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #83
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
:

Search Summary

Market:
Hey, does this mean that I'm currently the only person in the world who has a BSM w/ Lemon on order? :biggrin:

-robert

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #84
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Hey, does this mean that I'm currently the only person in the world who has a BSM w/ Lemon on order? :biggrin:

-robert
No it appears they you are the only person in the world who has a sweet deal on the BSM w/Lemon who DOES NOT have his car on order. :biggrin::biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #85
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

GREAT JOB, GREAT DEAL!!!!!

I thought of this and I thought I would contact the one dealer that I thought would be the most in the boonies and agreeable. To me that was the sole dealer in Alaska (Im in Cali) and they totally blew me off as if I was an idiot. Whatever, lost sale for them.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #86
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
No it appears they you are the only person in the world who has a sweet deal on the BSM w/Lemon who DOES NOT have his car on order. :biggrin::biggrin:
Ouch! You're trying to make me cry, aren't you? :biggrin:

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #87
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Ouch! You're trying to make me cry, aren't you? :biggrin:
You have negotiated the best deal yet on a 135i that BMW Leipzig doesn't even know you want.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #88
FleaDog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Good job on the smart bargain hunting...

The same thing could be done via the dealer's internet sales to avoid the faxing, and you'll have a record of all the replies.

The last two cars I bought I did pretty much the same thing you did... Sent out mass emails to area dealers, used the correspondance to narrow down which ones were willing to play ball (get best #'s on my trade, hear about all their perks, get vehicle pricing, find out all their 'junk' fees, etc.) before setting foot into a single stealership.
Appreciate 0