BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
First Electrical Bug - Key Fob and Bluetooth Issues

Returned to my car which was street parked for few hours. Tried unlocking with key fob but no response. Didn't think much of it, so walked to door and pulled but Comfort Access wasn't responding. Ok thought that was really strange so had to pull apart key from fob and open door manually. Tried push start but didn't detect key in the car. So then and to insert the key into ignition, car then started. Shut engine off, got out of car, and now all of a sudden key fob works normally.

Got back in car but couldn't stream audio via BT from phone. Removed phone from BT list and paired it from scratch. Still nothing, car detects phone, can make/receive calls via BT but can't play any music. When I click on the media button on iDrive, whereas before it used to default to Bluetooth Audio, it now defaults to Music Library (or whatever it's called that pulls my "Top 50" even though I've never uploaded anything).

So yea... what gives?!?
      04-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

I had this same problem a few months ago. Nothing responded had to use the key and insert the remote into the slot. My radio stations and Bluetooth was working though. When I take the car in I'll let you know what the dealer says.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepotholez View Post
I had this same problem a few months ago. Nothing responded had to use the key and insert the remote into the slot. My radio stations and Bluetooth was working though. When I take the car in I'll let you know what the dealer says.
I think it was a 1 time issue, but I am in interested in what your dealer has to say. My bluetooth finally started working after a 4th attempt of re-pairing (each time removing phone from list and pairing with a new pin code).
      05-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I think it was a 1 time issue, but I am in interested in what your dealer has to say. My bluetooth finally started working after a 4th attempt of re-pairing (each time removing phone from list and pairing with a new pin code).
I had a Bluetooth, issue when I first got the car they reprogrammed the Bluetooth software and it fixed it for me at that time. From time to time the Bluetooth audio won't work, the screen will freeze and either I would have to restart the phone or plug in through the USB.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

I seemed to have this bluetooth issue as for some reason my phone wasn't pairing all of a sudden and wasn't even on the list for the car. Took a couple of times to re-pair it, but working again. No clue why it would suddenly disappear off the list of phones, so hopefully it's a once in the blue moon glitch as it's the first time this has happened and the car is exactly 1 year old today.

To rule things out, I've been using the same key, so that wasn't a factor. Weird. Didn't even notice until my phone was ringing yesterday and wasn't coming through the phone.
Appreciate 0