BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
mgrych
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 135i M-Sport

Is it the speakers?

I got an 08 135i and I noticed with some songs from my iPhone that the right speaker gets really scratchy/static like. I know the song plays fine on other devices. What are the chances that the speaker is blown, or that it's something else. I'd hate to take it in to the audio shop and replace the speakers with nice aftermarket ones to find that it still does it...
      04-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Do you use your iPhone with earbuds or a Bluetooth speaker? Sometimes crap gets on the 1/8" plug or jack and a simple clean helps. I had an iPhone 4 that finally had to be replaced since the jack was worn out. Getting a good connection with the earbuds was tough.

How are you playing tunes on the 135? USB or Aux jack?

I had a buzz coming from the right side on deep bass when playing tunes via my iPhone and it turned out there was a piece of paper under the passenger seat on top of the sub. I was ready for a dealer visit until I snooped around and found the Kohls flyer my wife dropped under the seat.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.

Last edited by Overpar56; 04-24-2014 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Try the song on decent headphones, you will hear everything the song has on them.
      04-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
mgrych
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 135i M-Sport

my iPhone is connected via usb/aux jack, controlled via head unit.. i listened with headphones, no issue
      04-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Could be a bad connection on the aux jack in the console.

I don't about the o8's but I don't need to use anything but the USB to get sound and control off my iPhone 5.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #6
RitaClark
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 7S RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
Do you use your iPhone with earbuds or a Bluetooth speaker? Sometimes crap gets on the 1/8" plug or jack and a simple clean helps. I had an iPhone 4 that finally had to be replaced since the jack was worn out. Getting a good connection with the earbuds was tough.

How are you playing tunes on the 135? USB or Aux jack?

I had a buzz coming from the right side on deep bass when playing tunes via my iPhone and it turned out there was a piece of paper under the passenger seat on top of the sub. I was ready for a dealer visit until I snooped around and found the Kohls flyer my wife dropped under the seat.
Why get elsewhere and feel bored?
Appreciate 0