BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #23
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Paul Gifford also recommended at BMW Canterbury, top bloke and has looked after me!

Plenty of choices. I'd make sure you notify BMW Australia of your experiences with your local dealer.

Cheers
Kris
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #24
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMX5 View Post
To be fair I ordered around the exact same time and I'm in pretty much the same situation. They told me it could be March when I ordered so I was happy when they told me probably December but could be Jan...

I can imagine that AC gets pretty busy as well!
You are 100% correct!!

If they told me a March delivery but delivered early, like you I would be super happy. But I am reversed. They promised me a Dec delivery and I am likely to get it in March.

I am also very suspicious because you also ordered in July and are expecting a Dec delivery, but my order got pushed out.

I think that the order may have fallen through the cracks when I upgraded from Bus Nav to Pro Nav, as I had to sign a new Offer to Purchase rather than a exchange of letters or modification of the original OTP. The time line is very sus as well. Place my lost order into the system now and a magic 4 months later my car arrives. Conspiracy theory
But the numbers don't lie, especially with your delivery date.

I don't want the reward liars and incompetence.

Why does it have to be so tough to SPEND $85K

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #25
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Molar - there are 13 135's of different configurations for sale on the BMW Australia web site. 3 are used, the others are demo's. All are on the east coast. Perhaps they're an option for you. Not sure how I'd feel about buying a demo 135 - but it's a thought.

I'd love to see you "stick it to" the dealer that's treating you like this.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 03:17 AM   #26
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Hi All,

Just got back from a very interesting trip to Sydney.

I wont be identifying the Sydney dealership or salesperson for obvious reasons, but he was in a very senior position at a premier dealership.

I was told that Sydney and probably Australia DID NOT have any production shortages since I placed my order.

There are several unordered cars available for delivery between now and Jan. Colours and options vary.

I was told that if I had ordered my 135 with them, 10 days ago ( the time that I emailed AutoClassic to confirm my VIN), that I would have DEFINITELY got into Nov production and my Jan delivery.

If I place my order with them next week a Dec production and Feb delivery is likely and March is Guaranteed.

Off the record, he believes that the order was not placed by the salesman/stock controller, probably at the time of the Pro Nav upgrade.
He confessed it happened at his dealership once.

There we go boys and girls.

AutoClassic are a bunch of incompetent liars, that don't deserve your patronage.

Pity they are the only stealers in town.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 04:43 AM   #27
grunt
new - but older than dirt
Rep
Drives:

hopefully will you be able to take your order elsewhere and get a better result ?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 04:45 AM   #28
ExMX5
Engineering Tool
Rep
Drives:

Hang on a sec molar - don't forget that Australia wouldn't have any shortages: each dealer gets an allocation of cars, in most cases equal.

In Sydney I'll bet you there are more than the 1 dealer we have in Perth, meaning they have many more cars to go around and that they can swap with each other if necessary.

In AC's defense they have no such luxuries...

It sounds like there's been a stuff-up and you should definitely complain straight to AC, but with them bumping your order out of queue or dragging their heels about it I'm not so sure.

Edit: also don't forget I ordered a cabrio - different stock pool.

Due December 15th!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 04:46 AM   #29
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

The joy of a one-horse town!

When I go for the M3 sedan in a couple of years time I will definitely be looking at QLD, NSW or VIC to supply my car.

Even better - I may drive it back home!

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 05:56 AM   #30
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMX5 View Post
Hang on a sec molar - don't forget that Australia wouldn't have any shortages: each dealer gets an allocation of cars, in most cases equal.

In Sydney I'll bet you there are more than the 1 dealer we have in Perth, meaning they have many more cars to go around and that they can swap with each other if necessary.

In AC's defense they have no such luxuries...

It sounds like there's been a stuff-up and you should definitely complain straight to AC, but with them bumping your order out of queue or dragging their heels about it I'm not so sure.

Edit: also don't forget I ordered a cabrio - different stock pool.

I can't see why AC couldn't swap their cars with any other dealer in OZ.

The Sydney dealer was looking across all states and dealers, at the total OZ pool.

I both my Subarus were swapped from interstate dealers.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 06:07 AM   #31
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

An excerpt from the email I received from the Sydney dealer

"The cars currently available are 1. Silver/Red totally std. 2.White/Brown Comfort access, Heated seats, PDC, Hi Fi sound. 3.White/Black Comfort access, heated seats, sunroof, PDC, Hi Fi sound. 4.Le Mans Blue/Black Alarm, sunroof, PDC. Hi Fi sound. 5. Monaco Blue/Black Sunroof, PDC. 6. Cashmere Silver/Black Sunroof, PDC.

Was also the other Cashmere Silver with beige but I know you weren’t interested.

Factory order for your actual spec would probably be Dec but could be Jan so LATEST arrival and delivery to you would be March. We are obviously too late for Nov builds now."

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #32
M3James
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Pure Edition II

Mate i know how you feel.. told nov or dec delivery, then i had to call them to be told its probably going to be april 09.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #33
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Cancelled my Order with AutoClassic

I have just cancelled my order with AutoClassic.

Below is a quote from a SMS sent by the Sales Manager from AC

"We were advised this afternoon that in fact there is no allocation at all in this model for December for Australia"

SOMEBODY IS LYING

either AutoClassic or our Sydney dealer.

My money is on AutoClassic!!

What is the opinion of the forum ??

Has anyone with a Dec build been told the same?

Thank.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #34
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

srry to hear that mate... u didnt find anything in Sydney?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #35
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
srry to hear that mate... u didnt find anything in Sydney?

Thanks aus135i,

I am waiting for my deposit to arrive back into my account before I place an order in Sydney.

I love the car, but don't want ending up with 2 of them. :wink:

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #36
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Why would they not have any allocation? Australia's allocation for BMW's has been increased due to the slow demand in the US (according to an SA I spoke to), so if anything, there should be more allocations available?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #37
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Why would they not have any allocation? Australia's allocation for BMW's has been increased due to the slow demand in the US (according to an SA I spoke to), so if anything, there should be more allocations available?

Hi BBK,

I have to agree with you toatlly. Also if you look at my previous post there are 6 manual 135 without sales contracts available between now and Jan 09.

Why wasn't my order swapped for one of them??

Sydney can offer me a Jan build date with a March delivery.

I just got off a phone call to the Acting General Manager. He told me that he could not give me any confirmed build date. Yet Sydney can!!

Question : Are they trying to get rid of me!!

If so they have suceeded.

I am not buying a car from Sydney because I am concerned with the after sales service that I need from AC, the ONLY STEALERS IN TOWN!!

This is my last post.

Good bye my friends, and as I have posted before, thanks for your support during this trying time. Enjoy your cars :wink:

ps: I rang up BMW Aust to query them about production times. I specifically told them not to contact AutoClassic. The Acting General Manager let it slip that he was told that I had contacted BMW Aust yesterday. Read of this what you will, but I very angry that my confidence has been violated.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #38
minijet
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Train

seesh. so much drama...
I dont forsee any issues with you buying any car from interstate.
The any authorised BMW dealer will have to honour the warranty on the car.

As for service, whos to say you will get any better if you bought from your local anyways?

Anyways good luck with your car purchase.... If there is going to be one.

And i am almost assured that the Sydney Dealer will be able to honour the delivery time as they did mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molar View Post
Hi BBK,

I have to agree with you toatlly. Also if you look at my previous post there are 6 manual 135 without sales contracts available between now and Jan 09.

Why wasn't my order swapped for one of them??

Sydney can offer me a Jan build date with a March delivery.

I just got off a phone call to the Acting General Manager. He told me that he could not give me any confirmed build date. Yet Sydney can!!

Question : Are they trying to get rid of me!!

If so they have suceeded.

I am not buying a car from Sydney because I am concerned with the after sales service that I need from AC, the ONLY STEALERS IN TOWN!!

This is my last post.

Good bye my friends, and as I have posted before, thanks for your support during this trying time. Enjoy your cars :wink:

ps: I rang up BMW Aust to query them about production times. I specifically told them not to contact AutoClassic. The Acting General Manager let it slip that he was told that I had contacted BMW Aust yesterday. Read of this what you will, but I very angry that my confidence has been violated.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 04:34 AM   #39
IBSC
Rep
Drives:

The whole 'we are the only dealer so bad luck' attitude is all through AC.
I could not wait to get out.
Appreciate 0