BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
Josh (PA)
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 135 vert, '13 x5, '03 e46

Stalling

Hi All,

I have an occasional issue with my 2011 n55 e88 6mt. If I am coasting to a stop in neutral the engine will stall just before I come to a complete stop. I've done a search and seen some posts of others with similar experiences, but no solutions/causes.

It seems to happen more when the weather gets warmer after being cold for a period of time. IE:, last night was the first 70F weather we've had here in a while. It stalled 3 times. It doesn't seem to happen when I put the clutch in, but leave the car in gear. It starts right up after it stalls, no issues there.

Any thoughts? I haven't pulled codes after last night, but when it has happened previously, I found nothing out of the ordinary. No CEL, or other check lights illuminated.

It's more of a nuissance than anything else, just wondering if it is a 'normal' n55 thing and if there is any fix or if it is a harbinger of upcoming disaster.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
HawkeyeGeoff
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335XI MSport, S2000

Garage List
Sounds like a vacuum leak situation; when you coast to a stop you're putting the car under vacuum instead of positive pressure.

I'd inspect all of your hoses including but not limited to:
- pcv
- by pass valve hose
- any hose coming off the intake
- ebcs

etc.
Appreciate 0