BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #1
Havocsteve
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Full throttle, half power?

Here we go again.....

As some may know, I got the dreaded valvetronic servomotor issue. Fixed it once with a new servomotor, installed everything only to realize that the shalf was 180degrees the wrong way. So into the Indy shop it went to get the shaft put correctly 180degrees (most likely ruined the new servomotor because it still had cold start issues). Saved up some $$ again, then got the Indy shop to redo the repair with a new servomotor. Everything seemed good until they couldn't get the old code to clear so they sent my dme program overseas to a UK company and got it back without any codes and the car ran flawlessly. Now after a week, car cold starts without any stumbles but when you give it full throttle, it's like the car disengages with the transmission and the engine revs up high. Only that the engine revs high without you actually moving. The car scoots at half throttle but this disengaging portion when at full throttle has me puzzled. I'm going to contact the Indy shop tomorrow about it, but just wondering if anyone has ever ran into something like this. There's no engine lights or iDrive warnings.

I'm thinking about replacing my DME to valvetronic cable, anyone know how I should proceed? Thinking of disconnecting the negative battery terminal and just swapping in the new cable. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Other note, this car issue has me looking at damn CX-5 so I can just get out of this nightmare!! Please save me I love my 1er when she works without issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
Havocsteve
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Update:

Car does slight stumble at cold start but otherwise the power is all back and the like. I honestly think this is a DME coding issue as of now. Not sure why one day it did as described and now it's back with a slight cough on cold start but when at 100% throttle from first, you can give it to 180kmph without any issues.

Ordering my K-Can cable with otg cable tonight and express ship it so I can get MHD and stop asking you guys stuff without any codes.
Appreciate 0