BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #23
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I will be there on those days too! YOu might be my instructor...Saweeeet! 1er's FTW!
My BF is instructing ME Wednesday, i'm not instructing at all LOL. Maybe he'll be your instructor Thurs. He's a good one.
      09-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #24
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

I'll be instructing Wednesday and Thursday. I just emailed the Chief Instructor and asked to be paired with 135 drivers if possible. I'll be driving my tired old E36 M3.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #25
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by One&Only View Post
My BF is instructing ME Wednesday, i'm not instructing at all LOL. Maybe he'll be your instructor Thurs. He's a good one.

Ooops! LOL...well maybe he will get our cars mixed up since we have the same options and color! (well maybe not since I have the performance kit and aftermarket wheels)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
I'll be instructing Wednesday and Thursday. I just emailed the Chief Instructor and asked to be paired with 135 drivers if possible. I'll be driving my tired old E36 M3.
Nice! Maybe I can take a lap in your M3 and you can take a lap in my 135i. BTW I still love those E36 M3's.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #26
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ooops! LOL...well maybe he will get our cars mixed up since we have the same options and color! (well maybe not since I have the performance kit and aftermarket wheels)

Nice! Maybe I can take a lap in your M3 and you can take a lap in my 135i. BTW I still love those E36 M3's.
You may not be aware of it but our cars got mixed up back in Munich a little over a year ago. Let me explain.
We ordered identical cars at approx the same time. Mine was to be collected ED and yours at BMW of South Atlanta.
Somehow my name got on the car that was to be delivered in the States and your name was on the car to be collected at the Welt.
When Adrian was there for his ED as Salesman of the year he learned of the mistake and, through emails, fixed the mix up.
I've known about you & your beautiful car for quite a while...Actually i was gonna make a trip to BMW of SA to take a look at it while it was getting all that gorgeous aftermarket performance body kit installed but, you came back from Iraq sooner than was expected to pick it up.
I was really missing my 1er after 14 days with it in Europe and seeing yours would have helped a bit. No worries...I got mine last Sept. 30 PCD in Spartanburg and I've never looked back.

If I can find you...prolly won't be dif...I'll make a point to say hi!
My 1 is the SGM with the Ring sticker on the bumper.
      09-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #27
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
You may not be aware of it but our cars got mixed up back in Munich a little over a year ago. Let me explain.
We ordered identical cars at approx the same time. Mine was to be collected ED and yours at BMW of South Atlanta.
Somehow my name got on the car that was to be delivered in the States and your name was on the car to be collected at the Welt.
When Adrian was there for his ED as Salesman of the year he learned of the mistake and, through emails, fixed the mix up.
I've known about you & your beautiful car for quite a while...Actually i was gonna make a trip to BMW of SA to take a look at it while it was getting all that gorgeous aftermarket performance body kit installed but, you came back from Iraq sooner than was expected to pick it up.
I was really missing my 1er after 14 days with it in Europe and seeing yours would have helped a bit. No worries...I got mine last Sept. 30 PCD in Spartanburg and I've never looked back.

If I can find you...prolly won't be dif...I'll make a point to say hi!
My 1 is the SGM with the Ring sticker on the bumper.
Wow...that is pretty cool. I am soooooo jealous of that Ring sticker...LOL. If...no when I purchase another Bimmer I will definitely be doing ED. I am certain all of us will being seeing each other. I will be sure to have her nice and cleaned up prior to the class for all to see! Bring your cameras!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #28
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow...that is pretty cool. I am soooooo jealous of that Ring sticker...LOL. If...no when I purchase another Bimmer I will definitely be doing ED. I am certain all of us will being seeing each other. I will be sure to have her nice and cleaned up prior to the class for all to see! Bring your cameras!
Start planning now. The hardest part of an ED is figuring out what you're gonna do and where you're gonna go.
      09-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #29
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Start planning now. The hardest part of an ED is figuring out what you're gonna do and where you're gonna go.
I lived in Germany for 13years....LOL..plenty of friends to see and places to go
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #30
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I lived in Germany for 13years....LOL..plenty of friends to see and places to go
Sounds like your all set...Stelvio Pass was on my list as well as Bellagio, Cinque Terre & the San Bernardino Pass. Wish I'd had a lot more time...like months!!! I lived in Germany as well...for 2.5 yrs starting back in 67.
So many great things to do and see!!!
      09-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #31
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
I loved it and miss it....I am keeping my fingers cross for some upcoming contracts my company might win with the U.S. Army in Germany....if we win then I am as good as gone...LOL. I think I have spent more years of my adult life there than anywhere else in the world...it is not surprising that I drive a Bayerish auto!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #32
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

I posted this in the Track/ Autox section but Im not getting much feedback. I was hoping my local peeps could give me some advice. Here is my post copied from the other thread....

So, next week is my first driving school in my own car. I have done a half day open wheel driving school in Las Vegas, The Richard Petty Driving Experience (30 laps following instructor in pace car), and one informal Auto-X session in the late 90's when BMW went around to different cities introducing their newest 3 series.

The driving school is at Road Atlanta next week during Oktoberfest (Wednesday). What do I need to bring with me?

I have Vorshlag Camber plates and KW V2's. I was planning on bringing my jack with me and adjusting the camber plates when I get there. Is that recommended?

I assume I need to have a place to leave all my stuff (jack, torque wrench, tire pressure gauge, tools, etc...) Should I bring an EZ-Up tent as a pit area? Am I going to have a lot of down time where a shaded area like this will be worthwhile?

I just bought a MityVac brake bleeder and plan on replacing and bleeding my brake fluid this week. What Brake Fluid do you guys recommend? I have heard the ATE blue stuff really stains everything.

What else am I missing? I am also doing the AutoX the next day, any suggestions for that as well?

Thanks in advance!

Kenny

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #33
octironSmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i, SGM X5 xDrive50i

Bring the tent, I freakin baked in the sun last time. Also bring lots of drinks in a cooler.

I would probably set the car up before you arrive on the track.

I recommend ATE Super Blue.

Break and torque your lug bolts at home. Bring your torque wrench to the track. Torque BEFORE every session, do NOT do it after because your will warp something because of the heat soak.

Bring an air pressure gauge to the track. After your first session, check your pressure with hot tires. You don't want tire pressure going above 40 psi when hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
I posted this in the Track/ Autox section but Im not getting much feedback. I was hoping my local peeps could give me some advice. Here is my post copied from the other thread....

So, next week is my first driving school in my own car. I have done a half day open wheel driving school in Las Vegas, The Richard Petty Driving Experience (30 laps following instructor in pace car), and one informal Auto-X session in the late 90's when BMW went around to different cities introducing their newest 3 series.

The driving school is at Road Atlanta next week during Oktoberfest (Wednesday). What do I need to bring with me?

I have Vorshlag Camber plates and KW V2's. I was planning on bringing my jack with me and adjusting the camber plates when I get there. Is that recommended?

I assume I need to have a place to leave all my stuff (jack, torque wrench, tire pressure gauge, tools, etc...) Should I bring an EZ-Up tent as a pit area? Am I going to have a lot of down time where a shaded area like this will be worthwhile?

I just bought a MityVac brake bleeder and plan on replacing and bleeding my brake fluid this week. What Brake Fluid do you guys recommend? I have heard the ATE blue stuff really stains everything.

What else am I missing? I am also doing the AutoX the next day, any suggestions for that as well?

Thanks in advance!

Kenny
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #34
m3bs
Captain
Rep

Great day at Road Atlanta (of course, most of them are).

I met several Addicts at the track today, and had the pleasure of instructing one of them. I also had the opportunity to drive the TCKline 135, which really felt good. I really need to get rid of my runflats.

Looking forward to another great day tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #35
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep

I had a great day as well, I just wish it wasnt my only one...... Next time Ill be there everyday for sure!

On another note, my tires seemed to hold up really well. (So did my top notch tape job!)

Kenny

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #36
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
To all that did not go or did go and did not do the driving school.....shame on you! It is definitely an eye-opening, satisfying, and just plain FUN to do a HPDS at a REAL track. It was simply amazing.

m3bs was my instructor and was a great pleasure to work with! Took me for a ride in his '95 M3....lets just say my 135i is NOT fast around the track after riding in his track ready beast. It was an aural and visual symphony. The roar of the wind thru the window, the sound of the engine, the sound of the brakes scraping speed faster than you could blink. Hitting turn 10a (dropping from 120-130mph to 40?-50mph in the space of 2seconds) and then hitting the blind turn 12 into a 4 story drop while upshifting carrying on to the front straight-away.....WHEW! Needless to say I wish to the heavens I had signed up for 2 or 3 days instead of just today. Sigh....

p.s. Got pics will upload this weekend.
p.s.s. I second tkbrown on the tires thing.....they gripped waaaay better than I ever expected...still have a bit of body roll though...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #37
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To all that did not go or did go and did not do the driving school.....shame on you! It is definitely an eye-opening, satisfying, and just plain FUN to do a HPDS at a REAL track. It was simply amazing.

m3bs was my instructor and was a great pleasure to work with! Took me for a ride in his '95 M3....lets just say my 135i is NOT fast around the track after riding in his track ready beast. It was an aural and visual symphony. The roar of the wind thru the window, the sound of the engine, the sound of the brakes scraping speed faster than you could blink. Hitting turn 10a (dropping from 120-130mph to 40?-50mph in the space of 2seconds) and then hitting the blind turn 12 into a 4 story drop while upshifting carrying on to the front straight-away.....WHEW! Needless to say I wish to the heavens I had signed up for 2 or 3 days instead of just today. Sigh....

p.s. Got pics will upload this weekend.
p.s.s. I second tkbrown on the tires thing.....they gripped waaaay better than I ever expected...still have a bit of body roll though...

Where did you go after 4:00????? I never saw you again after you went off to ride with m3bs. Now I gotta go pack up my crap for tomorrow. From what it sounds like we will be spending a lot of time standing around at the auto-x so I plan on bringing my EZ-Up tent for some shade tomorrow as well. See you bright and early.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 05:41 AM   #38
m3bs
Captain
Rep

Glad you enjoyed the ride Adrean8j. If the right seat is open, others are welcome to ride today.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #39
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

wish i could be there!

Appreciate 0