BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #23
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
cold torque felt almost as good as the ferodo's and they didn't squeal driving for three days. was kind of surprised. actually based on three days of DD I could say you could definitely use them for summer DD. I did take them out since they are pretty expensive and I didn't want them go to waste. put back in my old cool carbons and they still feel great.
It's the same with the DTC70/DTC60 pads in my car. They have considerably more cold bite than Cool Carbons and probably feel harsher than the Pagids, but they've been as quiet as Cool Carbons in the five days I've used them on the street. But there's a lot of dust, and they're very expensive, and I'm sure they're eating my rotors. When I put the Cool Carbons back on last time, my reaction was that I forgot how silky smooth they are. I put the Hawks back on again last night, and this time I'm noticing more how harsh they feel. But my commute to and from work was fine, I could easily just leave them on.

About traffic cops, I've seen them hiding on Berryville Ave in Winchester at 6:30 - 7:00 on Saturday mornings several times on my way to the track. They hit me with laser guns twice, and they had radar running the other times.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Gary,
my fastest time on summit was on cool carbons. car hasn't run the same since.