BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
Jackal
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC (Bianca)

Contemplating a move to Seattle

Hi All.

I've been tossing around the idea of moving from Calgary Canada to the Lacey area. I only recently purchased my Biene (135i) to get back into AutoX (A recent separation forced me to sell my project Birkin), and I wanted to check in and see what the AutoX scene was like in the Lacey/Tacoma/Seattle area.

Anyone from the area have some tips for a guy contemplating the move? Tuner shops, Club meets, Tracks.... You know, the important stuff.

Duane
      04-01-2015, 11:35 PM   #2
mbluem3
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Hey I don't have the answer to all of your questions but you should looks into BSCC and SCCA autocross. They both have events down south and are a great group of folks to hang around with and learn about cars. Those are the two groups I usually race with. Good luck on your decision!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
Jackal
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC (Bianca)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbluem3 View Post
Hey I don't have the answer to all of your questions but you should looks into BSCC and SCCA autocross. They both have events down south and are a great group of folks to hang around with and learn about cars. Those are the two groups I usually race with. Good luck on your decision!

Thanks. I have run with both the CSCC (Calgary Sports Car Club), and the ASA (Alberta Solo Association). They both adhere to the SCCA's rules and classing. I've been out of racing for a while as I was building the next car, but I'm excited to not miss it any longer.

In fact, I decided to fly down this weekend and check out Seattle, and Lacey. I fly in an hour in fact. It's my first time in the area and I'm excited to familiarize myself with it.