BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Gabrielhz
Rep
Drives: 1m

Could someone help me with my 1M

Hi everyone, I'm from Peru and I got my 1M. I changed my golf gti mkVI for this amazing car. Actually I'm a master about vw, Audi and seats cars but BMW its completely different. All these cars have a lot of brands to choice, BMW it's diferent. There is where i really need your help. I was used to buy in www.ecstuning.com stuffs for my gti. This website have things for the 1M but not to much. Could someone help me with brands for intakes, turbo back exhaust, ecu software, spacers, line brakes, etc... Interior and exterior... U know guys when men's talk about cars u want to have the best and prettier

Thanks so much.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
crew_chief152
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

Try **********s.com
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Gabrielhz
Rep

D u know more in USA? It's easier for me to buy there
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
oldmarco
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Everything depends on your budget. If you want best of the best then it would be an Akrapovic Full Exhaust system but that will run you 7k+.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielhz View Post
Hi everyone, I'm from Peru and I got my 1M. I changed my golf gti mkVI for this amazing car. Actually I'm a master about vw, Audi and seats cars but BMW its completely different. All these cars have a lot of brands to choice, BMW it's diferent. There is where i really need your help. I was used to buy in www.ecstuning.com stuffs for my gti. This website have things for the 1M but not to much. Could someone help me with brands for intakes, turbo back exhaust, ecu software, spacers, line brakes, etc... Interior and exterior... U know guys when men's talk about cars u want to have the best and prettier

Thanks so much.
Gabriel, yo tb estoy en Lima y tengo harta info, pasame tu mail y te mando los datos que tengo.
      09-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
Gabrielhz
Rep

Yes i was thinking in akropivc turbo back... It's really awesome and not to much heavy than others....
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
Gabrielhz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst
Quote:

Thanks so much.
Gabriel, yo tb estoy en Lima y tengo harta info, pasame tu mail y te mando los datos que tengo.
Buena voz brother... gabrielherreraz@yahoo.com.pe
Mandame Lo que tengas por favor
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
U know guys when men's talk about cars u want to have the best and prettier
...foremost we want to have fun (motoring wise + eye candy wise).

Compared to VW, the BMW 1M plays in a different league. The BMW 135i is already a very attractive package (initially it was even intended to get the ///M badge). However for the BMW 1M project the folks at the BMW ///M Division took the 1er to a different level, conceiving a peculiar breed in a league of its own: compact powerful four-seat cars.

It's not without reason that the outshining of its colors caught the attention of many high performance car competitors (...as well as their regular customers), motoring journalists and car enthusiasts. Before its launch there was quite some skepticism: 1er and the ///M badge were deemed to be incompatible. Doom for the 1M project loomed if the outcome would be 'just' a souped up 135i or a pseudo M3, not worth its salt, not living up to the expectations. This was all quickly brushed away in Spring 2011 when many experienced drivers worldwide got the chance to test the 1M in its stock setup: unisono raving hype about this puppy (except for one notorious 'false note' [Randy Pobst]). The rest is history.

So, if not familiar with BMW cars, do know that the BMW ///M Division did already most 1er modding for you. The 'base' reference point (1M stock setup) is already an excellent one, and it's currently sitting in your garage.

Hence, if 'modding' used to be your middle name in your VW and Audi past, it is IMHO wise to first appreciate the 1M in its stock specs setup by enjoying some seat time behind the wheel, prior to consider tinkering and modding. Eventually ask a 135i friend to have a drive in a 135i (even as passenger) and subsequently climb aboard your 1M to experience the difference.

So go out and have fun with your 1M. Intertwine in the 'torque a gogo' action and it might already decently quench your thirst for motoring fun (for the time being).

Insatiable ? Then consider modding, but don't overkill in adding oomph: it's a compact RWD car and already with its powerful stock setup it can be quite a handful during spirited drives. Be aware of, and realistic about, your driving capabilities, because this car can be snappy and bite back when you're pushing it to its drifting limits. If a 1M ends up next to the road, this mostly results from a 'pilot error' (including owners forgetting to replace trashed tires).

The BMW 1M is the entry level ///M, just as Sean Connery was the entry level actor into the James Bond franchise. Instant classic. To rephrase "The Future" of Prince (1989): "We have seen the future and it will be - We have seen the future and it works".

Just my 2 cents.
      09-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
Gabrielhz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:
U know guys when men's talk about cars u want to have the best and prettier
...foremost we want to have fun (motoring wise + eye candy wise).

Compared to VW, the BMW 1M plays in a different league. The BMW 135i is already a very attractive package (initially it was even intended to get the ///M badge). However for the BMW 1M project the folks at the BMW ///M Division took the 1er to a different level, conceiving a peculiar breed in a league of its own: compact powerful four-seat cars.

It's not without reason that the outshining of its colors caught the attention of many high performance car competitors (...as well as their regular customers), motoring journalists and car enthusiasts. Before its launch there was quite some skepticism: 1er and the ///M badge were deemed to be incompatible. Doom for the 1M project loomed if the outcome would be 'just' a souped up 135i or a pseudo M3, not worth its salt, not living up to the expectations. This was all quickly brushed away in Spring 2011 when many experienced drivers worldwide got the chance to test the 1M in its stock setup: unisono raving hype about this puppy (except for one notorious 'false note' [Randy Pobst]). The rest is history.

So, if not familiar with BMW cars, do know that the BMW ///M Division did already most 1er modding for you. The 'base' reference point (1M stock setup) is already an excellent one, and it's currently sitting in your garage.

Hence, if 'modding' used to be your middle name in your VW and Audi past, it is IMHO wise to first appreciate the 1M in its stock specs setup by enjoying some seat time behind the wheel, prior to consider tinkering and modding. Eventually ask a 135i friend to have a drive in a 135i (even as passenger) and subsequently climb aboard your 1M to experience the difference.

So go out and have fun with your 1M. Intertwine in the 'torque a gogo' action and it might already decently quench your thirst for motoring fun (for the time being).

Insatiable ? Then consider modding, but don't overkill in adding oomph: it's a compact RWD car and already with its powerful stock setup it can be quite a handful during spirited drives. Be aware of, and realistic about, your driving capabilities, because this car can be snappy and bite back when you're pushing it to its drifting limits. If a 1M ends up next to the road, this mostly results from a 'pilot error' (including owners forgetting to replace trashed tires).

The BMW 1M is the entry level ///M, just as Sean Connery was the entry level actor into the James Bond franchise. Instant classic. To rephrase "The Future" of Prince (1989): "We have seen the future and it will be - We have seen the future and it works".

Just my 2 cents.
Good introduction and resume about this car... Thanks do much!

I think that I'm gonna bother u for some ext and int mods, esthetic... And some of tuning... The basic just it.

Thanks again Artemis.
Appreciate 0