BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Frampton
i miss boost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG P30

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
GPS Data loggers

So I think I'm going to be tracking my car enough now that I'm considering a GPS data logger that hooks in with my GoPro video camera. A few people at the race I attended this past weekend had ones from RLC. It was pretty impressive that they could record their lap times during practice without a transponder and watching their go pro videos with the lap data and car data on them was awesome.

Anyone use one of these and can recommend if RLC is a good option or if there are others that may be more popular or useful?
      06-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
you have plenty of nice expensive solutions like traqmate or racelogic vbox. I am not sure you get seamless integration with your gopro though. usually you need a NL editing software like dashware to layer the data with the video. if you have an iphone and want to go with a less expensive solution you should look into harry's lap timer. you can either use your iphone's HD video to record video and layer data seamlessly or you can record with your gopro and dashware. it's not as robust as the more expensive solutions but a good way to get accurate data without breaking the bank.