BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Lightbulb Need Help: Carbon diffuser that fits the best on E82

Hi guys. Been a while after doing research on carbon fiber diffuser but the result not really help at all. Most of them that has perfect fitment are above $1,000 and sometimes the design is not really good. I'm looking for the one that costs below $1,000 but has the best fitment for the price. I saw many reps on Ebay and other brands but the review said it was not fit properly and I'm completely don't want to deal with fitment.

I know BMW performance diffuser is great but again, I could get an exhaust and carbon spoiler with that money, so I want something that well worth the money in terms of finish (quality) and fitment.

Please let me know what do you think guys. What brand that you recommend? Which vendor carries it? Pictures will be great. Really appreciate comments and opinions. Thank you guys!
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
qntran2
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19 View Post
Hi guys. Been a while after doing research on carbon fiber diffuser but the result not really help at all. Most of them that has perfect fitment are above $1,000 and sometimes the design is not really good. I'm looking for the one that costs below $1,000 but has the best fitment for the price. I saw many reps on Ebay and other brands but the review said it was not fit properly and I'm completely don't want to deal with fitment.

I know BMW performance diffuser is great but again, I could get an exhaust and carbon spoiler with that money, so I want something that well worth the money in terms of finish (quality) and fitment.

Please let me know what do you think guys. What brand that you recommend? Which vendor carries it? Pictures will be great. Really appreciate comments and opinions. Thank you guys!

I would suggest going with Scopione. Although the fitment whenever it gets to you isn't 100% perfect cause the tabs are slightly too big but once you spend some time and file down the tabs it fits pretty great IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Luiiip or something on eBay has decent fitment. Not too bad. It doesn't sit 100% flush but its hardly noticeable unless you knew what to look for
      01-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Okay. Is that possible to search icarbon? I know icarbon had been out of business. Anyone know how icarbon fits?

Yes, I know its not too obvious but I'm looking for something that fit perfectly first and if I'm desperate I will buy one from ebay. Any specific recommendation from ebay?

For scopione, how do you adjust it to fits?
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Okay. Is that possible to search icarbon? I know icarbon had been out of business. Anyone know how icarbon fits?

Yes, I know its not too obvious but I'm looking for something that fit perfectly first and if I'm desperate I will buy one from ebay. Any specific recommendation from ebay?

I used to have the iCarbon one until someone rear-ended me. The fitment wasn't the best to be honest.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:

I have the scopione diffuser. Only the first generation production set has the fitment problem. What I had to do was use a dremmel to file down the tabs on the diffuser so they can fit into the slots on the body of the car. Newer scopione diffusers don't have that issue; it should fit fine (probably slightly better than eBay ones, but also a little more expensive). You can see some pics of it a few posts down in this cosmetics sub-forum. Now that it's on and the tabs are fine, it sits completely flush and has pretty much OEM fitment.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

ICarbon ain't all it's cracked up to be. Only OEM has that perfect, snap in fit with flawless weave.

Can't speak for Scopione, but I've had ICarbon and Ebay CF diffusers and I'd say for the price you can't beat Ebay.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys! I will look for scopione and will decide whether I will order it or choose the one from Ebay. If scopione only having problem on its first batch, I will be happy to order one in next coming month. How's icarbon vs scopione? I saw some guys were using a carbon diffuser that has 3 fins on it, anyone know this kind of diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
Xios135
First Lieutenant
Bouvet Island
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB CLA Edition 1

Garage List
Since when is iCarbon back in business??
      02-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xios135 View Post
Since when is iCarbon back in business??
It's not, but there's a few of 'em floating around in the FS section at any given time...FWIW my icarbon diffuser fit without any real issues, it took me about 3 minutes to get everything lined up, and the tabs went in pretty cleanly. It fits flush and hasn't budged or had any issues in the 6ish months it's been on the car. Maybe I just got a "good" one, it's the only icarbon piece I have on the car. The ebay ones seem to be pretty hit or miss, I'd imagine the build tolerances are pretty loose for those. Then again I hear the same thing about Icarbon, so I dunno...

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #11
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Icarbon now becomes collector stuff if you get the one that fits perfectly, lol. By the way, for scopione, I just realized that it comes with types of finish, which is gloss and matte. Which one of those that most people buy? Just for your information, my car is jet black and I plan to install BMW performance carbon spoiler. Just want to make sure that it looks the same with the spoiler finish.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Gloss for sure, matte is...well it's matte, not gunna have that deep and shiny gloss in the sunlight. I don't even think BMWP makes a matte finish spoiler, so i'd def. go with gloss on the diffuser to match.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats
Gloss for sure, matte is...well it's matte, not gunna have that deep and shiny gloss in the sunlight. I don't even think BMWP makes a matte finish spoiler, so i'd def. go with gloss on the diffuser to match.
Thanks Pat! About the BMWP spoiler, that's exactly that I don't know about the color. Sometimes it looks wet but sometimes dry. I'll go with gloss then
Appreciate 0