BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
vbeema
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128I

DIY removing 128I steering wheel airbag & dash airbag HELP!!!

I recently got into an accident with my 128I, all has been fixed and modules have been reset. I tried looking everywhere for help on how I can remove the steering wheel airbag and the dash with airbag. If anyone can please advice some tips or knows how to do it and can explain it. I have also tried looking for someone in the Toronto area to do it, but havn't seemed to find anyone for a reasonable price. Any help would be much appreciated thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
jdm135
Rep
Drives: none

alright so the one in the steering wheel you are going to want to take a screwdriver and you can stick it in the steering wheel on the sides, and basically the air bag is held in by a clip on each side. you are going to feel a little resistance when you hit the clip just right. then pull the airbag out a little then do it to the other side and you will be able to pull it out. for the one on the passenger side you are going to have to remove the glove box to get too. i can post pictures to help you when my car get delivered
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
vbeema
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128I

thank you sir, I will try removing the airbag myself sometime in the next few days! I found some other links for the driver airbag but the dash board seems to be more of a problem. Yes plz do post some pics if and when you get a chance. TY
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbeema View Post
I recently got into an accident with my 128I, all has been fixed and modules have been reset. I tried looking everywhere for help on how I can remove the steering wheel airbag and the dash with airbag. If anyone can please advice some tips or knows how to do it and can explain it. I have also tried looking for someone in the Toronto area to do it, but havn't seemed to find anyone for a reasonable price. Any help would be much appreciated thank you!

How did you make out? I found this video on how to remove the steering wheel, maybe it will help you or others.

Appreciate 0