BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #23
oz125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 125M sport convertible

thanks for the info QSH177, and for the research you did. To me, a build date should be the final day when it 'rolled off the production line', but I can see why they class it as when the driveline and body are assembled. If i'm in doubt about its age, the seat will come out.
Must be paranoia setting in. When there's a long delay between landing and delivery,and postponements to handover dates, its easy to begin wondering if there was shipping damage, or what else may be wrong.
      04-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #24
QSH17Z
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 640d Gran Coupe

You're right about the build date referring to the point at which it comes off the line as that's what the supplementary booklet says. Although that doesn't really marry up specific to my car even though mine was clearly still in some form of production in very early January. I think the booklet definition just points out that if the body of the car is shipped from one factory to another before joining to the rest of the car for example, the build date is still the date at which it is driven/moved from the line.
Appreciate 0