BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-01-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
rhodesman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Question O2 sensors swapped, anything I should be worried about?

So I made a stupid blunder when swapping my DPs (a month ago) by swapping the front and rear pre-cat O2 sensors. This has lead to lots of miss-fires and O2 sensor codes. I'm swapping the sensors back to their proper locations and I'm just curious if there is anything that the swapped O2 sensors could have damaged or hurt other than my timing...and pride.

Thanks for any help.
#ImAnIdiot

UPDATE: I'm a little less of an idiot now that I got under the car. The O2 sensors were in the right pipes.. however Bank 1's O2 sensor was...well... not tightened. Maybe it was my haste to be done with it, or the fact my wife called me for dinner when I was doing the DPs, in any regard, it was so loose it only took 1/4 a turn to come off!!! I did replace it just to be on the safe side and because I don't want to noodle my hand up in there again any time soon! So far, the driveway idle sounded a lot more calm and relaxed than before. Sometimes it's the littlest of things.

Mods: JB4, Trebila Custom tune, FBO, Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP, Berk Street Performance w/ Berk Resonated Midpipes, & lots of little body/OEM+ mods

Last edited by rhodesman; 08-01-2016 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #2
Baileythebimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i 1M conversion

It happens