BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #23
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

I had the berk race exhaust (stock downpipes and midpipes), and it was loud enough to get me pulled over lol. Now I have catless downpipes, berk catless midpipes, and the berk sport axleback now, and it's honestly about the same volume as the race axleback was by itself, except it's a little easier to keep quiet when the rpms are down (guess the muffler makes the difference).

But I love Berk. If you're into racing, check out Berk's time attack 135i

And if you're going to mod your car for the track, Dinan gets pretty damn expensive. Their warranty is worth the money for some people, but I don't know if it still stands if you do anything other than street driving, same as BMW. I have a JB4 and meth and the dealership doesn't even know because I just take them out for the rare visit there.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #24
M1chele
Driver Mod
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW/CR 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 011100001 View Post
Dear M1chele,

I know this is going to sound creepy but I want officially give you my hand in marriage (JKJK). A good looking girl, who races, and knows what she's talking about! Rare find!
Anyway, enjoy your car and the exhaust; and if you ever want to trade for their race exhaust I will gladly trade with you! ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
I had the berk race exhaust (stock downpipes and midpipes), and it was loud enough to get me pulled over lol. Now I have catless downpipes, berk catless midpipes, and the berk sport axleback now, and it's honestly about the same volume as the race axleback was by itself, except it's a little easier to keep quiet when the rpms are down (guess the muffler makes the difference).

But I love Berk. If you're into racing, check out Berk's time attack 135i

And if you're going to mod your car for the track, Dinan gets pretty damn expensive. Their warranty is worth the money for some people, but I don't know if it still stands if you do anything other than street driving, same as BMW. I have a JB4 and meth and the dealership doesn't even know because I just take them out for the rare visit there.
yeah I hear ya. I think I like the subtle note of mine.

lol yeah- i actually know bryan berk.. and pretty much all of berk technology. i raced in a lot of the same events as Carl Rydquist a few years back good guys for sure. I'm glad I got lucky to have exactly the exhaust I wanted to get on my 1er! :P

since you're into racing you might like the intro post I just put up click here for itttt
      01-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #25
That_1_Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1chele
Quote:
Dear M1chele,

I know this is going to sound creepy but I want officially give you my hand in marriage (JKJK). A good looking girl, who races, and knows what she's talking about! Rare find!
Anyway, enjoy your car and the exhaust; and if you ever want to trade for their race exhaust I will gladly trade with you! ;-)
lol. right on! Follow me on instagram and facebook first lol (jkjk)

how loud is the race exhaust... you'intrigued me.

I am scoping out my next mods. I want either jb4 or dinan since i am still under warranty. no rush though, still enjoying her in her barely modded mode.
Go JB4....

Berk Race / MadDad Euro Street are both ridiculously loud, especially with catless downpipes. Trust me.
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #26
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1chele View Post
yeah I hear ya. I think I like the subtle note of mine.

lol yeah- i actually know bryan berk.. and pretty much all of berk technology. i raced in a lot of the same events as Carl Rydquist a few years back good guys for sure. I'm glad I got lucky to have exactly the exhaust I wanted to get on my 1er! :P

since you're into racing you might like the intro post I just put up click here for itttt
Oh, that's awesome! Didn't see that post til now. You're quite the accomplished racer, especially for being so young (then again, I'm 24... and I'm sure you could whoop my ass hah). I look forward to seeing what you do with the car!

And that's funny you ended up with the Berk exhaust. The people at berk are absolutely awesome. I wear my berk apparel everywhere to show support

Oh yeah, welcome to our fun little community!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
I want either jb4 or dinan since i am still under warranty.
Cobb is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #28
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
lol. right on! Follow me on instagram and facebook first lol (jkjk)

how loud is the race exhaust... you'intrigued me.

I am scoping out my next mods. I want either jb4 or dinan since i am still under warranty. no rush though, still enjoying her in her barely modded mode.
Ha! a one in 2 million chance; sounds like a winner for me! lol Nice picts in the other threrad; I cant wait to see what you do with the 1er on the track. Best of luck!
#following on FB!
      01-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #29
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

I love my dinan setup, but cobb works out quite well for you, and is still not available for my 2012.

If you don't go cobb, go flash tune. Sorry jb4 lovers, but I just didn't feel like it was stock-smooth and I have zero patience for anything less. I've had plenty of luck with cobb on my subies and would have gone that way had cobb put out a 2012 AP.
      01-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #30
LV135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

if you decide you want something louder and end up getting the race exhaust let me know, ive been trying to find someone local selling the berk street exhaust but havent had much luck
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #31
M1chele
Driver Mod
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW/CR 135i

Quote:
Ha! a one in 2 million chance; sounds like a winner for me! lol Nice picts in the other threrad; I cant wait to see what you do with the 1er on the track. Best of luck!
#following on FB!
haha thanks for the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
I love my dinan setup, but cobb works out quite well for you, and is still not available for my 2012.

If you don't go cobb, go flash tune. Sorry jb4 lovers, but I just didn't feel like it was stock-smooth and I have zero patience for anything less. I've had plenty of luck with cobb on my subies and would have gone that way had cobb put out a 2012 AP.
cool, good info here. thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV135i View Post
if you decide you want something louder and end up getting the race exhaust let me know, ive been trying to find someone local selling the berk street exhaust but havent had much luck
will do!
      01-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #32
Got_///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman
I wish my GF was into this shit.....
+1000.

Michelle you're a keeper lol.