BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Hello all, prospective new BMW'er...

Hi all, been browsing this forum and the boards for a while and thought I'd just pop in and say "Hi".

I'm in Perth and currently own a 2003 BA Falcon XR6 Turbo and am looking to change over as the finance is fisnished and the km's are getting 'up there'.

So, I looked at the new FG Falcon's and didn't like them aesthetically, so they're out (had my heart set on the G6ET, but the shiny black interior was terrible), unfortunately. So, casting my mind back to the BMW 320i that I had as a hire car in South Africa in 2006, I started looking there, but was worried the 4 cylinder 320 would be too far backwards from the T... So, checked out the options and found the 135i and can't find a bad review!

I now have a 135i Sports firmly in my sights and am looking at signing the order this week. Went for a test drive in a 335i and loved it, so am expecting that the 135i will be very similar, it's supposedly very similarly sized internally.

The sales guy I went with had just spent a previous weekend throwing one around Phillip Island and couldn't stop raving about it. He also said that, although the paddle shift was great, the manual was the way to go (especially as my last 2 cars have been).

I'm looking at the following spec's:

Graphite with coral red (if I am in a rebel mood) or Montego Blue with grey interior
Adaptive headlights
Sunroof
Comfort Access
HiFi - 10 speaker system

The only downside is that I'm now being quoted a September (!!!) delivery if I order before the launch next week, after that "Who knows!". I guess that gives me longer to sort out my trade-in! Anyone want to buy my immaculate Falcon? :-)

Am jealous of the guys that have ordered already, well done! Can't go to the Auto Classic launch, will be o'seas, but will get a test drive after I get back in June.

Look forward to chatting with all of you fellow Aussies, cheers - I am obviously addicted (even downloaded the US User Manual the other night).

One final question, I assume I won't stand much of a chance getting a better deal than 'Corporate' pricing at the moment? Also limits things a bit when there's only one dealer in Perth.

Simon....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Welcome mate, tell me about the long wait!

I got a touch better then the corp deal, depends on what you order and if there's an unclaimed car from your dealers allotment that you want to get your hands on....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Hi Simon. Bet you spoke to Tristan at AutoClassic.

To give you some idea, I ordered mine back in February, before there were any serious road tests or much talk of them (except those other addicts!) here in Oz. I didn't want to get a dealer alloted one that I couldn't customise so I placed my order for my Le Mans Blue one. My car literally left port in Bremerhaven, Germany last night and I'll hopefully see it in mid/late June (the 19th) at this point. That's four months wait and I was lucky to sneak into the April production run (built last week of April).

Now that more is known about the car and the reviews just keep getting better, I think September is a reasonable timeframe. Bear in mind that only 200 will roll off the production line destined for Oz, a number which we share with the 125i also, so there isn't many of them.

As for pricing, like you say, Autoclassic has the market cornered out here in the West so yeah, corporate is about as good as you're going to do.
      05-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Thanks guys. No BMWDave, I spoke to Andrew. He was introduced to me via one of my colleagues at the office, seems very good. Is very responsive to emailed questions, that's for sure. Congrat's on your baby leaving Germany! I thought 2-3 months for my Falcon was bad...

Have spent the last 3 hours browsing the forums and am about to go back to bed for a quick snooze. May head out to Auto Classic this morning just to have a look at some of the details. Still trying to decide if I want the NAV (mainly for the iDrive) or not, but can't really justify the cost there. The rest of the stuff is pretty well decided, other than the colours.

Just heard back from the Ford dealer with a cash offer of $2.5K better than AC's for my existing wheels, so that's good news, but the good thing about September is that I have ages to organise that and check out the Novated Lease option too.

Yes. I am committed to this, never been so sure. So, will be pulling the trigger this week before my holidays.

I'm fairly happy with the pricing I was given as indicitive, $85,168 down to $84,500. The reduction in D/D is good news too, sometimes working for a large multi-national has its benefits!

Regards,

Simon....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Welcome aboard SimonB! FYI, I originally wanted to order a Montego 135, but BMW is not bringing in 1ers in that colour. So went for Le Mans instead. The 2 colours are very close, Montego is a slightly duller blue.

Guess there is not much you can do about having to wait to Sept. I ordered mine in December and expect it early next month, so similar wait for me.

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #6
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Thanks d3syd. Interesting that you say that about the Montego, that's one of the colours suggested to me and it's in the Australian 125i/135i Sport brochures (IIRC - yup, just checked). Having said all that, Le Mans isn't in the brochure as a colour available. What's the number associated with that?

Anyway, I now have my heart set on the Sparkling Graphite and the Coral Red upholstery. Saw a M3 or M5 today with almost that colour combination (was the deep blue paint) and it looked the ducks nuts. A little bit "out there", but... Now I just have to convince a friend that she likes it.

Simon....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d, M3 DCT E92

Hi SimonB, sounds like it might be a wait ? I placed a deposit in August and I am glad that May has finally arrived.
      05-10-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Thanks d3syd. Interesting that you say that about the Montego, that's one of the colours suggested to me and it's in the Australian 125i/135i Sport brochures (IIRC - yup, just checked). Having said all that, Le Mans isn't in the brochure as a colour available. What's the number associated with that?

Anyway, I now have my heart set on the Sparkling Graphite and the Coral Red upholstery. Saw a M3 or M5 today with almost that colour combination (was the deep blue paint) and it looked the ducks nuts. A little bit "out there", but... Now I just have to convince a friend that she likes it.

Simon....
Hmmm maybe they are bring Montegos in instead of Le Mans in later shipments. S.Graphite and Coral is a nice combo.

BTW the new XR6 Turbo is a stonker. Beats the 135 0-100:eyebulge:, but as you say it looks rather ordinary.

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #9
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
S.Graphite and Coral is a nice combo.
One of my fashion advisers doesn't like it, as I said previously. She's coming with me on Tuesday when I order it, so I'll show her the close example and see what she thinks. She's approving of my first choice, which is the graphite plus the alaska grey leather though, so can always use that as a fallback. She's threatning to make me put seatcovers on if I get the red whenever I go over :drinking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
BTW the new XR6 Turbo is a stonker. Beats the 135 0-100:eyebulge:, but as you say it looks rather ordinary.
I don't really care if it goes like a rocket if it's fugly. Unfortunately, I think it's fugly. Lots of people disagree with me, but that's fine!

Simon...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #10
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Its fugly let me assure you!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

You are correct..Fugly with a capital F...
Appreciate 0