BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Going in for first service, anything I should be aware of?

It's been just about a yr since the 135i rolled from the factory floor, so time for the annual visit (barely at 3500 miles though). The car has been great, no issues and no problems even with well documented plagues for the 08s (e.g. HPFP). I am going in tomorrow for service, and wanted to get the full checklist of items that will be covered (e.g. oil change, filters - which ones, oil, HEPA, etc.], wiper blades, 'siliconing' of door strips, etc.)

Does anyone have a comprehensive checklist? In BMW's Owners Circle site there is one for my M5 (for Inspection I and II), goes into excrutiating level of detail, and that is what I was hoping to ontain for the 1-. Spoke to a service advisor, but he claims he doesn't have anything like that?!?! Also made him look at my VIN, no recalls according to his database (are there any?)

Some items that bug me:
1. Slight creaking from passenger A-pillar area
2. Thud/jerk from wiper blades when in use, felt most notable on the brake pedal! (very weird, but when they go into full extrension and reverse direction, there is a visible jerk on the brake pedal, almost feels you are driving a cheap Tata!)
3. 1-click doors/trunk unlock, central locking at min speed, etc. Minor items that need to be re-programmed.

Do you guys think the dealer will try and charge for any of these? In my Audi, I have a software (RossTech) where I can do all that programming myself (including things such as increasing the intensity of my tail light bulbs!), sux how we can't do any of that on our BMWs and we are at the mercy of the $tealer...

Thx in advance!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
DubSport
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

1-click doors you can set that yourself, under the config menu.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
neo97
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
It's been just about a yr since the 135i rolled from the factory floor, so time for the annual visit (barely at 3500 miles though). The car has been great, no issues and no problems even with well documented plagues for the 08s (e.g. HPFP). I am going in tomorrow for service, and wanted to get the full checklist of items that will be covered (e.g. oil change, filters - which ones, oil, HEPA, etc.], wiper blades, 'siliconing' of door strips, etc.)

Does anyone have a comprehensive checklist? In BMW's Owners Circle site there is one for my M5 (for Inspection I and II), goes into excrutiating level of detail, and that is what I was hoping to ontain for the 1-. Spoke to a service advisor, but he claims he doesn't have anything like that?!?! Also made him look at my VIN, no recalls according to his database (are there any?)

Some items that bug me:
1. Slight creaking from passenger A-pillar area
2. Thud/jerk from wiper blades when in use, felt most notable on the brake pedal! (very weird, but when they go into full extrension and reverse direction, there is a visible jerk on the brake pedal, almost feels you are driving a cheap Tata!)
3. 1-click doors/trunk unlock, central locking at min speed, etc. Minor items that need to be re-programmed.

Do you guys think the dealer will try and charge for any of these? In my Audi, I have a software (RossTech) where I can do all that programming myself (including things such as increasing the intensity of my tail light bulbs!), sux how we can't do any of that on our BMWs and we are at the mercy of the $tealer...

Thx in advance!

Try this for maintenance schedule at Edmunds.com:

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/select.html

Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
ruffstik
Pirate
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 G87 - on the list

Garage List
2008 135i  [9.50]
All they really do on your 1 year service is give you an oil change - and maybe top off your washer fluid if you're lucky...oh, and tell them NOT to wash your car!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
cimbali
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post

same on my car...weird.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Yea I get the same thing with the wipers. If my clutch or brake is in I can feel it as it hits full apex and returns... kind of weird but I think it's just normal.
      05-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
To repeat - Don't let them wash it!
      05-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
NO WASH!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
To repeat - Don't let them wash it!
He he, won't, never let a dealer come close with any cleaning product to any of my cars!!!

Thx for the help guys, the Edmunds link was helpful, but I recon BMW's (internal) list ought to be more expansive (I recall seeing something mentioning wiper blades, spraying the door seems/felt, checking the charge of the battery, etc. little things like that).

cimbali: thx for the note on the wiper thumping. Annoying, but I guess I will hear from the dealer the generic: "they all do that..."

dubsport: I'll look through the config menu for the 1-click option, but the autolock feature I guess I'll have to be at the mercy of the dealer?
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0