BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
BuddhaPilot
Swollen Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BSM Z4 3.0

Accepting a \"new\" damaged vehicle

The 135i replacing my 2011 that was bought back by BMW got to the dealer this past Saturday. The transporter driver dinged the rear quarter panel and the rear bumper when he drove it off the truck. The dealer is replacing the entire panel and bumper, but I\'m a little pissed to say the least. They assure me it\'ll be done correctly an that since it\'s never been registered that it won\'t show up on a car fax report.

I\'ve been out of my old 135 for over two months now and waiting on this car since the first week of September. I\'m a little up in the air now as to what to do. I really can\'t believe my new 2012 has been damaged before I\'ve even seen it. Would anyone else have an issue with accepting a new vehicle that\'s already had some pretty significant bodywork? I\'ve asked for photos showing the damage but haven\'t seen anything yet.

Finally delivered!!...2012 135i/AW over Coral Red/MSport/Nav/HK/Toasty Seats/6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
jermzkill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 128i

you should get a discount on it or get a new one...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
New21er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I was pissed off when I got rear ended in my brand new 2011 135i. Punched a hole in the bumper the size of a silver doller. Ins. took care of it. The bumper is just a huge piece of plastic. Maybe BMW will give you some free stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Work on a 1M?

Seriously, you should get something. At least, they are honest about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwyim View Post
Work on a 1M?

Seriously, you should get something. At least, they are honest about it.
HAHA^^^ I had to fight over a stereo knob that was messed up and they put up a big fight... It took 3 months (for them to agree that it was messed up) but it just got done..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
BuddhaPilot
Swollen Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BSM Z4 3.0

I'm considering asking them to deduct the cost of the bodywork from the price of the car as a starting point. If that isn't acceptable, then I'll probably walk away from it and BMW as a whole. I've already footed the bill for a rental most of the time I've been waiting on this car.

Finally delivered!!...2012 135i/AW over Coral Red/MSport/Nav/HK/Toasty Seats/6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
PolkieJoe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i Vert

That really sucks Maybe ask for CF rear splitter and performance exhaust / CF spoiler??? And a happy ending?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Barry45RPM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 MB E550, 2010 128i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaPilot View Post
I'm considering asking them to deduct the cost of the bodywork from the price of the car as a starting point. If that isn't acceptable, then I'll probably walk away from it and BMW as a whole. I've already footed the bill for a rental most of the time I've been waiting on this car.
The cost to you AND the dealership for the body work is Zero. It will be paid for by the carrier's insurance. Better to ask for a significant discount on a BMW extended warranty or BMW's Tire & Wheel insurance Plan. The dealership will like that idea the most since it will cost you less to buy the coverage, AND they will look better to BMWNA for selling it. Either way its no skin off their nose, since they'll be selling something they might not otherwise have sold, and again, those sales are noted by BMWNA.

Tell them the Bodywork will be done 100% right, with an exact paint match or you walk.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
DAC17
Long live BMW M's!
Rep
Drives: 2023 CT5-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM View Post
The cost to you AND the dealership for the body work is Zero. It will be paid for by the carrier's insurance. Better to ask for a significant discount on a BMW extended warranty or BMW's Tire & Wheel insurance Plan. The dealership will like that idea the most since it will cost you less to buy the coverage, AND they will look better to BMWNA for selling it. Either way its no skin off their nose, since they'll be selling something they might not otherwise have sold, and again, those sales are noted by BMWNA.

Tell them the Bodywork will be done 100% right, with an exact paint match or you walk.

You won't find better advice than this.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM View Post

+1

Or if you're more inclined to upgrade, ask for a BIG discount on performance parts (instead of just a couple free ones). Better to get a big discount on some carbon fiber or other performance parts that you probably would have gotten anyway (if you're anything like most of the people on this forum) rather than getting a free spoiler or something like that. And again, the dealership will like this better because it's not just giving away stuff, it's selling you something to make you happier.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0