BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i black/black sport package

The All Black 135i DD "Build"

So I thought I would start a small thread for my GF/my newly acquired 135i.
You wont see anything crazy happening to this car, because I already have a car that I let my "creativity" out on. I am just planning cosmetic mods and maybe a few other small bolt on parts such as an exhaust and air intake.
Progress will be slow seeing as I spend most of my "spendable" money on my BMW '74 2002.
The end goal for this car is just to have a good looking 135i that is fast and fun/comfortable to drive. Most of its driving is city driving so there will not be aby coil overs or anything happening here, and it is an automatic (girl friend ) so no track day mods of any kind.
My biggest plans right now involve a set of VMR VB3 wheels in silver, but for now I am just doing a few small body mods.
I just ordered a set of OE black grills, and some gloss black 135 numbers for the back.
I am thinking about a "no holes" license plate holder for the front and some plugs for the holes the dealer drilled . I also need to get a black license plate frame for the back to replace that ugly dealer frame.
I want some stealth bulbs for the side markers, and the 3 flash mod for the 3rd brake light as well (yes it is legal in cali).
My girl friend wants the carbon OE stile wing for the trunk and some splitters up front so i guess that will happen in time. I would also like to replace the interior trim with some black or carbon trim as well.
Thats about it for now. The car is 100% stock right now. I already wrote a bit about it in my intro, but it is black on black with some sort of textured aluminum trim. It also has the sport package (not the ///M sport).
Here is a link to my '74 '02 build thread on R3V. It is getting a M20 L6 swap and will be my track rat.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=146243
This is it for now.

Thanks for reading. Any recommendations on parts providers, parts, and/or any other constructive criticism is appreciated as I am very new to BMW's that were made after the early 90's lol.
      07-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Look what showed up. Still waiting on the all black emblems which are out for delivery.

Installed pictures later today.
      07-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Whats the 3 flash mod on the rear taillight?

Good luck on your build and feel free to let us know if you need any help with VMR Wheels.

-Charles@VMRWheels
      07-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep

There is a small circuit board that wires into the trunk lid that makes your 3rd brake light flash three times when stopping. How ever, in stop and go traffic it will stop flashing when you use the brakes a lot and just work regularly. It will help my black car be more visible in fogy San Fran.
I will most defiantly let you know when I am ready for wheels. I will be calling with some questions regarding tire and wheel sizing. I had some 17x7.5 on my Mini S that rubbed really badly even with some fairly low profile tires, and I do not want that again. lol

Love these! I had a set of black grills on my white e30 318i as well.
      07-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep

I had the 135 at the BMW CCA Car Control Clinic this Saturday. What a blast, and what a car! I had a great time all around! I did a number on the tires though. Good thing we have the tire and wheel replacement plan.

Representing the forum.

And my certificate of completion. Now I can start some track schools. So stoked!
      07-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutschman View Post
It will help my black car be more visible in fogy San Fran.
It would be easier to just buy the rear fog light switch.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep

and found this guy driving around sf. picture was taken at a red light
      07-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
NYC_Steve
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Looks to me that you got a spy shot of a car that has yet to hit the production lines. It looks like its either a BMW or possibly a VW.the companies use these patterns to break up body lines of the car so the public doesn't get a real good look at it before it is unveiled.

http://www.autoblog.com/category/spyphotos/
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #9
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steve View Post
Looks to me that you got a spy shot of a car that has yet to hit the production lines. It looks like its either a BMW or possibly a VW.the companies use these patterns to break up body lines of the car so the public doesn't get a real good look at it before it is unveiled.

that's a 6-series bro.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
tanik310
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

looks good, what year is yours?
I just got one in the same color but with red leather and the wood trim
if you switch to the black or cf trim will you be selling your existing aluminum pieces?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steve View Post

yep. looked more like an m car from the front though. could not get the picture because of having to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanik310 View Post
looks good, what year is yours?
I just got one in the same color but with red leather and the wood trim
if you switch to the black or cf trim will you be selling your existing aluminum pieces?
yes, but it will be a while from now. i am concentrated on my 2002 build, and the summer has not been good for $.
      08-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
aberdeen
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

The 1er doesnt look exactly like the 2002, but bmw did a good job of reminding us how good of a job the classics handled
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutschman View Post
And my certificate of completion. Now I can start some track schools. So stoked!
Congrats! Tracking is such an addition!

-Charles@VMRWheels
      08-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #14
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep

So I am not sure if i mentioned it before, but I am a cook here in SF CA. I recently did a small gig at a winery in Napa CA and took the 1er up for it.
Some iPhone pictures of the dusty car Building was built in 1889 by a German who owned canning factories in SF and started the winery.

05-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
deutschman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well at long last the 135 actually has something to post up about!
VMR V718 wheels with some Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 XL in 225/40ZR -18 front and 245/40ZR -18 rear. I am really digging it! Now the car needs some H&R sport springs to bring it down maybe an inch or so.

VMR was super easy to deal with. Had a good phone call and the wheels shipped from SoCal up to NorCal in one day. I ordered the wheels mid day and got them in the AM the next day! Good job VMR! Love the wheels!
We also added some white hallow lights and some smoked side markers.

Last edited by deutschman; 05-02-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0