BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #23
Joey_T
That's me...
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMike View Post
Nope...I'm a teacher but yes I have been to Ljubljana (mostly to the big shopping area and the indoor pool/spa). Would love to do a drive through some nice Alpine passes. Isn't there a nice drive near Bled? Isn't there a KW suspension dealer/installer in Ljubljana?
Then you were probably in BTC city and the indor pool/spa could be Atlantis. Yes, there is a very nice drive quite near Bled. It's a mountain pass called Vrsic that gets you from Kranjska Gora to Bovec. Hmm I'm not sure about a KW suspension dealer - could be...

P.S. thanks everyone for nice words :smile:
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #24
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

Sweet pics. Id almost be willing to pay 9 bucks a gallon for scenery like that.

What filter are you using for these shots?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #25
CAMike
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Yes, BTC city and Atlantis. I've only been through the center once but would very much like to get back with my camera and do some photography around the city. Here is the place that has KW suspension products (I can't find anyplace locally so may need to get to them)-- http://www.rsrmotorsport.com/eng/ I would like to do that drive sometime near Bled. What are your plans for winter tires? I'm still trying to decide.
      09-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #26
THellURider
Private
Rep
Drives:

Ok so Top Gear said the greatest driving road is Davos, Switzerland to Stelvio, Italy. Who's in?

I'm gonna go scout it in the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #27
Joey_T
That's me...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jones View Post
Sweet pics. Id almost be willing to pay 9 bucks a gallon for scenery like that.

What filter are you using for these shots?
Pictures were just a bit photoshoped with HDR software.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #28
Joey_T
That's me...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMike View Post
Yes, BTC city and Atlantis. I've only been through the center once but would very much like to get back with my camera and do some photography around the city. Here is the place that has KW suspension products (I can't find anyplace locally so may need to get to them)-- http://www.rsrmotorsport.com/eng/ I would like to do that drive sometime near Bled. What are your plans for winter tires? I'm still trying to decide.
Well if I'll see a montego blue 135i someday in Ljubljana I'll know that it is you :smile: I don't know much about those guys who have KW products, but if my memory is correct they do have quite a lot of advertisement... If you'll need some help with route planning for going through Vrsic just write me a PM. I'm still trying to decide on winter tires as well... Best would be to buy a set of 17'' rims with 205/50 tires all around.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #29
Joey_T
That's me...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
Ok so Top Gear said the greatest driving road is Davos, Switzerland to Stelvio, Italy. Who's in?

I'm gonna go scout it in the next few weeks.
Would like to do that route as well!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #30
CAMike
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thanks Joey. I'm a Football coach and won't be doing much driving until the season is over at the start of November and weather could be an issue by then so maybe next spring I'll be hitting you up for those directions and definately in for a Stelvio trip as well!!