BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #1
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

UK Allocation (still available to order)

Anyone know for sure if there is any 1M's still available to order in the UK?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
Pugland53
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Sorry, don't know if there are any left, but I take it you are the Aussie from VXR online? Finally moving on from the world of VXR?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks mate

yep the same one but I no longer help run VXRonline or have nothing to do with the forum, but the astra is staying as its a good trackday toy and suits its purpose after all the work and removal of many things, but the misses corsa vxr is now well outside its used by date and needs a replacement so a 1M suits our needs, if none are no longer available then it will look like a M3 will be the next option for us........She is taking a stroll from work down to BMW Park Lane to enquire and if one happens to be available pay her deposit, we shall see lol
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 1M

Loads available to order new.

Cancelled orders all over the place

Dealer 'stock' cars available (albeit high spec £46k cars)

In short, don't fall for the "there's only 450 so be quick" spin.
      06-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks mate

Misses just walked in to Park Lane dealership near her work, dealer said there is still a few available to order so she order for herself a white model with sat nav, heated seats (being an aussie she cant stand the cold lol) folding mirrors and the bendy lights thingy lol and has requested an end of year delivery as we have a drive across the US throughout Oct so not wanting to take delivery before then, she was able to get them to throw in the 5 year service plan and a tank of fuel so that's something I guess lol

So deal is now done and a end of year 61 plate delivery is the go.......

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 06-08-2011 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpowell View Post
Loads available to order new.

Cancelled orders all over the place

Dealer 'stock' cars available (albeit high spec £46k cars)

In short, don't fall for the "there's only 450 so be quick" spin.
Wow, conflicting information or what ! One of my friends has been told by his dealer today at lunchtime that they may not be able to supply a new 1M ??? He has only just bitten the bullet to buy one and this is what he was told, stranger than strange the aura around the 1M
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Wow, conflicting information or what ! One of my friends has been told by his dealer today at lunchtime that they may not be able to supply a new 1M ??? He has only just bitten the bullet to buy one and this is what he was told, stranger than strange the aura around the 1M
Indeed. Get told different information on a daily basis.

A dealer tells me there's less than 50 left and then someone at BMW tells me there's 100!

I suppose the dealers are after the sale after all?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3/1M (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Quote:
Indeed. Get told different information on a daily basis.

A dealer tells me there's less than 50 left and then someone at BMW tells me there's 100!

I suppose the dealers are after the sale after all?
Different info indeed, I was told last week that they would have to put my spec on the build slot that was going to be their demo, as all the slots were gone nationwide so they couldn't justify a demo anyway!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #9
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Well I certainly believe that there is now enough demand to not justify using the allocations up for demonstrators.

My dealers demo build slot (due in October) is now going to a customer.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Info will obviously differ dealer by dealer based on their available allocation. Phone my dealer, they will tell you there is none, because for them, they have used their allocation. You just gotta ring round
      06-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
You just gotta ring round
Indeed - ring around the country and you'll find plenty available in the guises I mentioned above.

I know for a fact that dealers are marking their 'stock' cars and 'cancelled orders' as "sold", so that they do not appear on the internal system as available. By doing this it stops others dealers from inside their 'group' from purchasing the cars from them, on the flip side it shows the dealer as having none available.

The only way you will find these cars is by ringing dealers directly - which I've done very recently.
      06-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #12
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Well just glad we have done the business and our order is in and the wait begins.....

And the wait is all part of the fun lol
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Well just glad we have done the business and our order is in and the wait begins.....

And the wait is all part of the fun lol
Agreed, the ink is long dry on my deal. I was lucky enough to get one just how i want it, roll on 1st of July when i finally get to drive it.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Not long now mate, not long.....
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Wow, conflicting information or what ! One of my friends has been told by his dealer today at lunchtime that they may not be able to supply a new 1M ???
As others have said, this is because that particular dealers allocation is sold, and they can't get any more. Doesn't mean other dealers don't have unsold allocations, and therefore if he wants one, he's got to ring around, as others have said.
If he really wants one, he should be able to get one.
      06-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #16
IanD1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Got my order confirmed about 2 weeks ago... subject to a 24Hr test drive on Friday

I was also speaking to another dealer who just got a AW 1M into the showroom as a stock car and was available as of yesterday. I think they'll all be gone soon though.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #17
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD1 View Post
Got my order confirmed about 2 weeks ago... subject to a 24Hr test drive on Friday

I was also speaking to another dealer who just got a AW 1M into the showroom as a stock car and was available as of yesterday. I think they'll all be gone soon though.
Been told by a large North London dealership that essentially new orders are closed. But in they're dealer group that two unregistered "show cars" one of which they had borrowed in White. And were still getting there own one. But they had a customer allocation that they still didn't have a build slot for.

Best to ring round quick as the dealership mine is with were prepared to re-spec their demo car before it goes into production. So it's widespread, they've all hedged their bets. Big dealerships doing more. I had two orders at one point as didn't like the first dealership I started with.

Interesting to see what deals they are putting together. I was given GAP a alloy and tyre insurance. But that was it. Not great. But then I picked a copy of Evo and all was forgiven.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've heard from a dealer that "as at three weeks ago, there were 125 cars left".

However, they did also confirm that BMW are still taking orders, so there is still availability in the UK....just not that much.

Just to whet the appetite even more, I found this earlier. Looks pretty quick to me (especially from 1:50 onwards!!)

Appreciate 0