BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
n2djazz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe (T. Silver)

Thumbs up My HPFP Failure Experience

It happened to me on the first Tuesday of June 2010 with just a hair under 15K miles (can't remember the date). I drove about seven miles, parked for about an hour and returned. I pushed to started and noticed a longer than usual crank and that's when I knew it was my turn. About a 100yds away, I get the gong and the msg. Engine malfunction, half power Service engine soon. Well I limped seven miles back home and parked it. I started it several mins later and drove about two miles and it stopped at a light. I didn't think it would ever start but it finally did...drivers honking behind me and flashing their high beams. When it started it was idling like a lawnmower then it smoothed out but I was still at half power. I got it home and hit the BMW assist button. Dealer called the next morning and I flat bedded it in that Wednesday afternoon. They found several problems. Problems: LPFP solenoid defective, HPFP failure, and an engine controller failure. All defective components were replaced. HPFP is a remanufactured part but I don't care, it's repaired and running well again. Plus BMW is covering all of us for an extended period of time. Let me say my dealer's service dept was excellent. They treated me well. My service advisor called me everyday with an update. He kept the car an extra day because he wanted to cold-start it to make sure all was well. They put me in very nice loaner while I was in for service. I had the loaner from that Wednesday afternoon until the following Tuesday morning. When I picked mine up, the advisor explained everything they did to the car. I can't say enough good things about my dealer and my service advisor. The dealer is Nalley BMW in Decatur GA. Drop me a private msg if you want the first name of service advisor.
Appreciate 0