01-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #23
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f80 Comp, MPE, stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
If rear end, I'd look at shocks, shock mounts, and differential and subframe bushings (none of which should suffer early failure).

Neil
Unbelievably, all my troubles were to do with a simple handbrake (parking brake) issue.
The drivers side wasnt releasing properly causing the car to handle like an old dog.

so who has the highest mileage 1M on here?
      01-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #24
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
Unbelievably, all my troubles were to do with a simple handbrake (parking brake) issue.
The drivers side wasnt releasing properly causing the car to handle like an old dog.

i had to get my handbrake adjusted at my last service visit. was acting pretty wonky!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #25
craina
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 m2c

I am having a clunk from the rear end, wondering if my e-brake needs adjusting... Luckily it is going into the dealer soon as the hpfp is on it way out as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #26
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by craina View Post
I am having a clunk from the rear end, wondering if my e-brake needs adjusting... Luckily it is going into the dealer soon as the hpfp is on it way out as well.
i had a clunk too on my last visit!! they found out it was actually a strut in the TRUNK mechanism that was causing it! i had them investigate the entire rear suspension and they were puzzled.....but the clunk has been fixed after the trunk mechanism was sorted out.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #27
NihonX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post

I unofficially have the highest mileage 1M on the planet.
I still have no had any warranty issues nor mechanical problems as of yet.
I expect my next 20,000 miles towards 100,000 will be a blast!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #28
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

wow 80k!!! Congrats, mine is getting close to 30,000. If it weren't for my other car I would be at 50k by now. Enjoy guys, kudos for all of you that doesn't it into a garage queen.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:29 AM   #29
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX View Post
I unofficially have the highest mileage 1M on the planet.
I still have no had any warranty issues nor mechanical problems as of yet.
I expect my next 20,000 miles towards 100,000 will be a blast!
fantastic!! any recommendations on service you did to keep things alright?

so as you know i've crossed 50k...but am not great at keeping up to date with what i should do on the car now that i'm on my own. Did you refresh any components other than standard routine maintenance?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #30
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
fantastic!! any recommendations on service you did to keep things alright?

so as you know i've crossed 50k...but am not great at keeping up to date with what i should do on the car now that i'm on my own. Did you refresh any components other than standard routine maintenance?
Its pass 3yrs and still going strong, only problem I had was the chargepipe coming off, first time it came off I took it to the dealer because I was nearby so I limp there, and they replace it because they say it was cracked (which I don't think it did even after I showed it to him where it came off at)anyway they replace with new inlet, and I was on my way, days later with hard driving the damn thing came off again, instead taking it to them and leaving it there for a whole day for them to solve the problem, I took it home and it took me less than 30 minutes to reconnect and tighten it, and so far haven't come off for past 2 weeks.

Now that we are on the subject, guys please check your inlet and retighten it. It does get slightly loose after hard revving/driving under load, just to be on the safe side. Just a side note, mine didn't come off from the throttle body like others, it came off from the front, the other end is with that clip that I checked which is holding in place fine. In anycase if they do pop off again, I might upgrade to aftermarket ones.

Other than that, regular maintenance by me, engine oil, trans/diff oil, K&N air filter clean and oil when it looks dirty, already replace 1 set of tires front and rear, front wheel liner replace to v2 about 2 yrs ago. I believe there's nothing else to except to maintain wear and tear parts, bushings and engine mounts and such. I have no fuel pump issue, and the guy ^^ up there with over 80K miles don't have any issue either.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #31
EssamKh
Private First Class
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2012 1M

Garage List
I have only 7,000 miles :$
** 03 318i E46 (Retired) - Gray Green Metallic - Beige
** 02 X5 4.4i E53 (Retired) -Titanium Silver - Gray
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #32
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTM View Post
Its pass 3yrs and still going strong, only problem I had was the chargepipe coming off, first time it came off I took it to the dealer because I was nearby so I limp there, and they replace it because they say it was cracked (which I don't think it did even after I showed it to him where it came off at)anyway they replace with new inlet, and I was on my way, days later with hard driving the damn thing came off again, instead taking it to them and leaving it there for a whole day for them to solve the problem, I took it home and it took me less than 30 minutes to reconnect and tighten it, and so far haven't come off for past 2 weeks.

Now that we are on the subject, guys please check your inlet and retighten it. It does get slightly loose after hard revving/driving under load, just to be on the safe side. Just a side note, mine didn't come off from the throttle body like others, it came off from the front, the other end is with that clip that I checked which is holding in place fine. In anycase if they do pop off again, I might upgrade to aftermarket ones.

Other than that, regular maintenance by me, engine oil, trans/diff oil, K&N air filter clean and oil when it looks dirty, already replace 1 set of tires front and rear, front wheel liner replace to v2 about 2 yrs ago. I believe there's nothing else to except to maintain wear and tear parts, bushings and engine mounts and such. I have no fuel pump issue, and the guy ^^ up there with over 80K miles don't have any issue either.
thanks!

do you guys know at what mileage stuff like bushings and mounts should be replaced?

also i'm thinking of getting a 'walnut blasting' done sometime soon...maybe at 60k? my car still feels very powerful and i don't feel like there is any noticeable blockage or build up but i'd like to reset whatever is there anyways!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #33
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

Whats a 'Walnut blasting'?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #34
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom
Whats a 'Walnut blasting'?
^^ crushed walnut shells are blasted into the valves/intake to clean the carbon buildup. A well known issue on the direct injection N54. Search for 'oil catch can' for more info.
-Dave