BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

RacingBrake Larger Rotors - long term review

So after almost a year of having the larger 350mm rotors on my car it has finally come time to replace them. In that time they have handled duty on the street, on track, and all the while running hard metallic race spec pads (hawk dtc70's and pagid rs29s). From fast mountain runs in Appalachia to slowing the car down from 140 to 45 in 90+ degree heat on the track, the things have been abused. Two sets of hawks and one set of pagids have finally ended their life. Not b/c they're lipped or groved or anything like that, but the heat cycles have finally taken their toll and cracks are appearing out of the holes that are getting unsafe for extreme use. (all drilled rotors will eventually crack)

I can say without a doubt these rotors will last at least twice what conventional rotors do under these conditions. 9 days on track and another 5k hard street driving later and I just placed my order for my second set of rings

The larger rings combined with the rebuilt pistons eliminate the need for a more expensive BBK If you're on the fence about them, hop off and order them. You won't be disappointed

I'll post pics once I get the new ones and swap them out.