BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #45
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dji View Post
With the lsd, the koni and swift spring the car dont spin but the rear wiggle like never before. Everyone say the m3 bushing is ok but still have some loose in the bushing. Do you think the aluminium one is too nvh for the road?
Damper settings may correct the looseness. What is your toe setting? Do you have the M3 guide rods? Excessive play in the toe arms could cause the rear to feel loose as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #46
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19 View Post
Is it fine if I paired that setup with Dinan plates? Because my front setup is slightly rub under highway bumps or overpass bumps so camber plates will be my priority. So its the best bang for the buck compared to others? How do you adjust the rear shock? I saw on HPA that you might required TCK rear external adjustable shock
Yeah you won't have an issue with the dinan plates at all, and you can adjust the shocks by taking them off in the rear and compressing them and turning clock wise or counter clock wise, but for the extra bucks you can get the ones you can adjust while there still on the car it's not much higher of a price at all. Unless your getting a really nice set of coilovers(2k+) the koni'a with swift springs can't be beat..and let's say down the road you want to switch to coilovers Harold from HP sells the kit to turn the Koni yellows into a full blown coilover set up.
I got it! That's why I'm thinking to get the rear adjustable to make life easier. The front one is external adjustable right? Nice explanation bro. Well, it makes sense to me that koni plus swift won't be beaten by coils on the same price range
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #47
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
I got it! That's why I'm thinking to get the rear adjustable to make life easier. The front one is external adjustable right? Nice explanation bro. Well, it makes sense to me that koni plus swift won't be beaten by coils on the same price range
And for the full blown coil over set-up all you really need to do is the front conversion as the rear will still be spring and shocks(not coil over in the rear).
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #48
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport
Quote:
And for the full blown coil over set-up all you really need to do is the front conversion as the rear will still be spring and shocks(not coil over in the rear).
For the external adjustable it means the setting can be done with the shock on the car right? How about the front setup? Is it externally adjustable?
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #49
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

That's correct

Quote:
For the external adjustable it means the setting can be done with the shock on the car right? How about the front setup? Is it externally adjustable?
Fronts are even easier just pop the hood as turn the knob.
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #50
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
Quote:
Fronts are even easier just pop the hood as turn the knob.
Great! Hopefully I can get it as soon as I can. Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #51
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

This setup may be for sale soon got a set of Catuned coilovers for a killer deal. The Konis with swift is a nice combo, I'm going to try out the coilovers and see how they compare!
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0