BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
MattD
Legend
Rep
Drives:

FAO Adam/Anthony from Riss

Just wanted to know whether you chaps have an official distributor in the UK? The reason I ask is that CA Automotive have just started stocking a load of your stuff

Sorry mods, this should probably be in the vendor/buyer/seller feedback forum. Please move if appropriate
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattD View Post
Just wanted to know whether you chaps have an official distributor in the UK? The reason I ask is that CA Automotive have just started stocking a load of your stuff

Sorry mods, this should probably be in the vendor/buyer/seller feedback forum. Please move if appropriate
This is true! We have been working with CA automotive to carry our products in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
MattD
Legend
Rep
Drives:

Good stuff. If/when they start stocking the exhaust, I may well have to take a close look at that.

Whilst I appreciate there'll be very heavy shipping costs for the big stuff, which will obviously knock the price up considerably in the UK, I was slightly concerned to see they're charging around $65 (£35) for the CDV!

Then a claim of up to 2 hours to fit it! To be fair, they did say they'd never done one yet, so they weren't entirely sure how long it'd take.

I did mention to them that the price for the CDV direct from yourselves was around half what they were charging, and that install should be FAR less than 2 hours. Hopefully that should push them in the direction of giving us UK based 1addicts good value for money.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattD View Post
Good stuff. If/when they start stocking the exhaust, I may well have to take a close look at that.

Whilst I appreciate there'll be very heavy shipping costs for the big stuff, which will obviously knock the price up considerably in the UK, I was slightly concerned to see they're charging around $65 (£35) for the CDV!

Then a claim of up to 2 hours to fit it! To be fair, they did say they'd never done one yet, so they weren't entirely sure how long it'd take.

I did mention to them that the price for the CDV direct from yourselves was around half what they were charging, and that install should be FAR less than 2 hours. Hopefully that should push them in the direction of giving us UK based 1addicts good value for money.
CDV is fairly easy to install however bleeding the clutch does take time if you want to do it right. Just like the downpipes. People don't realize a lot of shops have never installed a set of downpipes on a BMW. The first time we put DPs on it took my techs 3- 5 hours! Now they do it in less than 45min. International prices are always going to be higher due to the high shipping costs. However, having them in stock at your local shops will make it much easier to get personal, reliable, and prompt service. This is our main focus/goal.
Appreciate 0