BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
funny little story about an Arschloch...

as found in the local.de...quite the testiment that road rage is not a good thing to display here in Germany.....

A Hamburg man has been fined €60,000 for calling someone an Arschloch (asshole) in a fight over a parking space, after he angered the judge by hiding his wealth.

The flashpoint happened on December 23, 2011, when the plaintiff waited more than five minutes for a parking space on a busy road, only for the defendant, named Ernst-Gernot M, to shoot into a spot under his nose, Die Welt newspaper reported.

During the ensuing row, Ernst-Gernot M. dropped the "A" bomb - as confirmed by a female witness, who testified in the eight-day court case.

State prosecutors had demanded a fine of €80,000, while the defending lawyer argued, "My client is an elderly gentleman who always maintains his composure. If he did say the word 'arsehole,' then he would have done it so quietly that no-one could have heard it."

Though the incident itself did not take long to unravel, the court case got bogged down because the defendant failed to provide credible evidence of his financial situation.

He described himself as a "poor man," who lived on €1,400 a month that his family gave him. But the 68-year-old was actually a property dealer who had been mentioned in the local newspaper a few years ago as owner of a high-rise block.

This forced the court to investigate his fortune, and found that he lived in a 171 square metre flat, and paid €2,000 a month on his car lease alone. The court also found that he withdrew around €10,000 a month from his bank, on the basis of which it estimated his monthly income at €60,000.

The fine, of 30 days’ income, was calculated at €60,000.

"It was probably Hamburg's most expensive insult ever," the judge said – and banned the man from driving for a month too, for good measure.

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120823-44543.html
      08-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
So what DO you call someone who steals a parking spot you've been waiting for?
      08-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
In this case the defendant was the culprit....he stole the spot then called the plaintiff a butthole for arguing and standing by his rights...

I remember 20 years ago in a Walmart parking lot, my brother-in-law was waiting for a spot and just when the person pulled out, blocking him from parking, another car comes down the row and pulls in front of the departing car and into the spot. My b-in-law argues with the other driver and the other guys tells him to f* off, next thing you know he's dropped the other guy on the ground and pounding the shit out of him....needless to say we got the hell out of there and I bet the other guy thinks twice about stealing another person's spot from under their nose...thank god that was before hundreds of cameras recorded his every punch and before youtube
      08-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Germany is messed up country sometimes. Here giving someone the "bird" will lighten your wallet about 1K euros - no joke!

I've called up the Polizei while driving on the Autobahn to report a crazy driver passing trucks on the right shoulder five trucks at a time! The only thing they wanted to know is IF that guy insulted me with any hand gestures!!! ie: der Bird! lol

And... IF you murder someone you get six years in prison... while rape gets you 15 years. AND the prison is more like a college dorm with no uniforms and tv's and books in their "cell"(rooms). AND Germany does not have a "life sentence - 15 years is the max, which many get out way before serving that.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
In this case the defendant was the culprit....he stole the spot then called the plaintiff a butthole for arguing and standing by his rights...

I remember 20 years ago in a Walmart parking lot, my brother-in-law was waiting for a spot and just when the person pulled out, blocking him from parking, another car comes down the row and pulls in front of the departing car and into the spot. My b-in-law argues with the other driver and the other guys tells him to f* off, next thing you know he's dropped the other guy on the ground and pounding the shit out of him....needless to say we got the hell out of there and I bet the other guy thinks twice about stealing another person's spot from under their nose...thank god that was before hundreds of cameras recorded his every punch and before youtube
That's right because cursing someone in public and physically assaulting them is always good.

A co-worker recently had his tear duct repaired (three nights in the hospital) from what I can assume is another case of "road rage". I am not clear of the details, nor do I want to be called in on a court martial or german court hearing. The co-worker was taking his 4 year old son home from day care when a verbal altercation ensued over traffic (possibly right of way or parking). From the looks of it another German (or European) sucker punched him in the face. During the assailant's statement to the polizei he claimed my co-worker attempted to steal his wallet. Of course, that statement launches a 15-6 investigation on my co-worker. And to my knowledge the assailant remains free and uncharged.

So let me get this straight, someone commits a grievous felony assault and the American (victim) is the one assumed to be guilty? But this dude curses in public and pays a fine (albeit hefty).??????