BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Opinions on diffuser color please!

Finally got my car in the shop and the rear 1m style bumper painted to match the rest of the car (SGM).

Now I know a carbon fiber dipped diffuser would look nice, I can always do that in the future or buy a completely different diffuser than the one that came with the bumper.

My question for now is should I match the diffuser with the paint on the bumper, or go for a black?

I've been looking at pictures and have mostly seen carbon fiber or matched paint.

thanks fellas
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
HyeWarrior
Lieutenant
206
Rep
561
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA

iTrader: (1)

I'm a big fan of a gloss charcoal grey, similar to the current line-up of M-tech diffusers on the F-series models. I've even considered gloss-coating my stock diffuser for a similar look lol

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
Mr. Pharaoh
Private
32
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

My opinion on CF is that once you have one piece of it, the rest of the car looks off UNLESS you have CF in other areas as well. For example, if you have a CF spoiler or some mirror covers they would tie in nicely with a CF diffuser. But just one CF piece looks out of place to me. I would go with a gloss black. I've always thought grey and black make a killer combo on a car.

Last edited by Mr. Pharaoh; 11-08-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
Jorgensen54
First Lieutenant
Jorgensen54's Avatar
No_Country
48
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: 2008 AW/AG 135i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

I'd get CF and add the CF performance spoiler if you don't already have that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pharaoh View Post
My opinion on CF is that once you have one piece of it, the rest of the car looks off UNLESS you have CF in other areas as well. For example, if you have a CF spoiler or some mirror covers they would tie in nicely with a CF diffuser. But just one CF piece looks out of place to me. I would go with a gloss black. I've always though grey and black make a killer combo on a car.
I was thinking of a gloss black. I don't think I will be doing any CF upgrades just yet....maybe next summer.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Dylanize's Avatar
112
Rep
2,270
Posts

Drives: 12' E82
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (8)

Gloss black if you have no other CF bits
__________________
No more E92
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
ShocknAwe
Major General
ShocknAwe's Avatar
United_States
843
Rep
5,565
Posts

Drives: E82 N54
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston

iTrader: (15)

On SGM? Gloss black unless you can shell out for real CF diffuser/spoiler/kidneys.

Some of the china replica pieces made in CF are high quality and don't break the bank. RW Carbon is a great resource.

No pics of the bumper = shame shame
__________________
2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 08:45 PM   #8
Crematoriant
Thane
Crematoriant's Avatar
Czech_Republic
27
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i E82
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Czechia

iTrader: (0)

I am pretty happy with gloss black one on my car. I would take CF parts only if it helps on race tracks to reach better lap time and driving experiences. (but I can understand someone have it just for a design purposes)

So I would go with black color and spend saved money on some nice front lip or trunk spoiler.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #9
Suprgnat
Unicorn Rider
Suprgnat's Avatar
United_States
182
Rep
1,265
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT Slicktop
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
I was thinking of a gloss black. I don't think I will be doing any CF upgrades just yet....maybe next summer.
Paint =

or full ("real") CF

Please, no wrapped vinyl "carbon fiber", no "overlays", and no skinning, real CF or not.

Sadly this includes the Genuine interior bits. ("Skinned")

Real or why bother?

(JMHO)
__________________
As an engineer, I have an unnatural appreciation for the Deux Chevaux.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #10
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Update guys diffuser didn't fit with the Remus installed, now I need to purchase a diffuser that will fit! HELP LOL ?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #11
HyeWarrior
Lieutenant
206
Rep
561
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA

iTrader: (1)

You might be better off having a muffler shop hack the tips of the Remus and fabricate tips that fit the diffuser!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #12
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
You might be better off having a muffler shop hack the tips of the Remus and fabricate tips that fit the diffuser!
Very funny......:
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #13
HyeWarrior
Lieutenant
206
Rep
561
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA

iTrader: (1)

Lol sorry, but it’s true. You’re going to have slim to no options on an alternate diffuser for a replica 1M rear bumper (especially since the dimensions are slightly more narrow than OEM) to accommodate a Remus exhaust.

Honestly, shouldn’t be too bad for a muffler shop to handle!

Maybe someone else can chime in, but i doubt there’s any other option. Bumper looks great though
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #14
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Lol sorry, but it’s true. You’re going to have slim to no options on an alternate diffuser for a replica 1M rear bumper (especially since the dimensions are slightly more narrow than OEM) to accommodate a Remus exhaust.

Honestly, shouldn’t be too bad for a muffler shop to handle!

Maybe someone else can chime in, but i doubt there’s any other option. Bumper looks great though
C'mon guy there's no way there's no diffuser on the market for this setup. No way I'm hacking these tips I've been dying for the Remus for so long.
Stomping on my dreams rn
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #15
Dthltm
Second Lieutenant
41
Rep
231
Posts

Drives: 135i / Deep Sea Blue on Taupe
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crematoriant View Post
I am pretty happy with gloss black one on my car. I would take CF parts only if it helps on race tracks to reach better lap time and driving experiences. (but I can understand someone have it just for a design purposes)

So I would go with black color and spend saved money on some nice front lip or trunk spoiler.
MORE PICS OF THIS CAR PLEASE!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #16
Mr. Pharaoh
Private
32
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

Idk if this is an answer you are looking for but, what about stock bumper with quad exit BMW performance diffuser? I know it's not nearly as good looking as the rep 1M rear bumper however, it might fit better and you would be able to avoid hacking up the Remus.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 10:41 PM   #17
Crematoriant
Thane
Crematoriant's Avatar
Czech_Republic
27
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i E82
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Czechia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
C'mon guy there's no way there's no diffuser on the market for this setup. No way I'm hacking these tips I've been dying for the Remus for so long.
Stomping on my dreams rn
What about do a little upgrade to diff?

My diffuser was originally with only 1 hole for twin pipes on the left side for oem exhaust. Then I bought exhaust with different dimensions and with 2 more pipes.
At the start we welded original hole for exhaust. Then cut new holes for quad exhaust (Unfortunately, 2 of 3 diffuser "wings" came to waste because they were just on the place where exhaust pipes needs to be). Then we obliterated surface roughness and painted on gloss black.

@Dthltm if you want, I can put some pics in "Official Random Picture of Your Car Thread"
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 01:35 AM   #18
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crematoriant View Post
What about do a little upgrade to diff?

My diffuser was originally with only 1 hole for twin pipes on the left side for oem exhaust. Then I bought exhaust with different dimensions and with 2 more pipes.
At the start we welded original hole for exhaust. Then cut new holes for quad exhaust (Unfortunately, 2 of 3 diffuser "wings" came to waste because they were just on the place where exhaust pipes needs to be). Then we obliterated surface roughness and painted on gloss black.

@Dthltm if you want, I can put some pics in "Official Random Picture of Your Car Thread"
I would need someone to do that as I have no experience with dremels and wouldn't want to fuck it up, idk how the finished product would look. I'm so upset because I paid to have the diffuser painted.... Ugh I just want it to be clean...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 12:45 AM   #19
ShocknAwe
Major General
ShocknAwe's Avatar
United_States
843
Rep
5,565
Posts

Drives: E82 N54
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston

iTrader: (15)

You'll have to modify the exhaust to fit a 1M diffuser. No other choice. Don't have to cut the tips. Just the piping. You'll never know if a good shop does the work.
__________________
2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #20
Mr. Pharaoh
Private
32
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
I would need someone to do that as I have no experience with dremels and wouldn't want to fuck it up, idk how the finished product would look. I'm so upset because I paid to have the diffuser painted.... Ugh I just want it to be clean...
Any update on the exhaust/diffuser situation?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #21
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pharaoh View Post
Any update on the exhaust/diffuser situation?
Sadly, no update still running no diffuser. I might check out the CF one on Mo********s.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #22
Ladydragonz
Private First Class
Ladydragonz's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '08 135i M Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Unhappy

Now my only question. Will this diffuser line up with the clips on the 1M style bumper I have?

**UPDATE***
Spoke to a moderator, this diffuser will NOT line up with the 1M style bumper..

fudge....

someone mod the one that came with the bumper and not have it look shoddy
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Ladydragonz; 11-21-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST