BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

Exclamation 135 time to mod!

Well it's time to start the mod bug. First will be the JB4 with some kind of twin filter set up, 7" inter cooler, n55 mid pipe.
Now what else? What kind of M3 suspension parts can we or should we use? I want it to handle better than it does, get rid rid of the mid corner nose dive and understeer.

Now I got to sell my 2013 Evo X , any takers?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228
      06-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks, that answered my question.

You could have just used
Instead of the links........
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
drewnel22
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Subaru WRX

Ill take the Evo lol
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
adevangel84
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 (RIP)

M3 control arms are bolt on parts on our cars and are very popular for the first suspension mod people do to the 1er. Also stiffer front sway bar will help the body roll at turn in. And as far as a set of coilovers with camber plates, that really depends on what you want out of the car (is it a street car with occasional autox/track, are you going to do more drag racing, or is it just fun at the streets?) Hope that helps a bit but there are a ton of info on different suspension setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevangel84 View Post
M3 control arms are bolt on parts on our cars and are very popular for the first suspension mod people do to the 1er. Also stiffer front sway bar will help the body roll at turn in. And as far as a set of coilovers with camber plates, that really depends on what you want out of the car (is it a street car with occasional autox/track, are you going to do more drag racing, or is it just fun at the streets?) Hope that helps a bit but there are a ton of info on different suspension setup.
It's just a street car that gets driven hard, with a track day once in a blue moon. I was looking and the bushings will be done along with a front sway bar. My car has the M package so do I need to change the bushings?

I will also go with wider tires/wheels and most likely use the Dinan chamber plates.

Too many options......
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
WORD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 BSM 135i

Hey OP, I noticed you're in DFW...were you on evolutionm/NTEC? I was pretty active over there under this same user name, and I moved over here recently when I got out of my Evo 8 and into my 135i (this is my first post). This seems to be a popular transition platform from Evos/WRX's...no surprise why.

I have very similar short term mod goals, which look to be pretty standard for this car. I'm already impressed with the stock power; can't wait to see what JB4 will feel like.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORD View Post
Hey OP, I noticed you're in DFW...were you on evolutionm/NTEC? I was pretty active over there under this same user name, and I moved over here recently when I got out of my Evo 8 and into my 135i (this is my first post). This seems to be a popular transition platform from Evos/WRX's...no surprise why.

I have very similar short term mod goals, which look to be pretty standard for this car. I'm already impressed with the stock power; can't wait to see what JB4 will feel like.
I got on there once in awhile, until one Ahole pissed me off. I just ordered the jb last night, it will take a few weeks to get all the performance mods done. But after that I will tackle the suspension. I'm In love with this car!! It can't take a corner like a evo but the down low power is great! Before tis last evo I had a 2012 vette and before that was a GT500. So I guess I got use to the low end power that the evo doesn't have, which sucks..

The guys here seem to be nice, but like every forum there are a couple of ass holes wanting to feel superior to everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
josemh23
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnpaintball2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WORD View Post

I got on there once in awhile, until one Ahole pissed me off. I just ordered the jb last night, it will take a few weeks to get all the performance mods done. But after that I will tackle the suspension. I'm In love with this car!! It can't take a corner like a evo but the down low power is great! Before tis last evo I had a 2012 vette and before that was a GT500. So I guess I got use to the low end power that the evo doesn't have, which sucks..

The guys here seem to be nice, but like every forum there are a couple of ass holes wanting to feel superior to everyone else.
Hey , just like real life 😄..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
alpinewhiteone
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

hey i am also in dfw living in addison. mini meet? my car is riding on ST coilovers, dinan flash, B&B muffler delete exhaust, and 19's. hit me up on PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Alpine,
Will hit you up sometime, been busy with work and have to travel again. I did put the jb4 on with the filters and it gave it a nice little kick!
Appreciate 0