BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Texas Dealer Sets the Record Straight...

One of My Customers turned me on to this... I have seen some very incorrect information... but I have also seen more accurate information. Feel free to ask a Dealer!
jmcgaughey@advantagecars.com
:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvantageBMWSalesMgr View Post
One of My Customers turned me on to this... I have seen some very incorrect information... but I have also seen more accurate information. Feel free to ask a Dealer!

Yeah sure, its like.... we are from the government, we are here to help.

I guess I 'll get the chance to ask the first Q's. Why are customers getting a very wide range of pricing? Is it because some dealers are paid higher? or some customers are just dumber?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
lamini
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

What can do get a great deal without the hassle associated with buying a new car?

It should not be tug of war.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4One View Post
Yeah sure, its like.... we are from the government, we are here to help.

I guess I 'll get the chance to ask the first Q's. Why are customers getting a very wide range of pricing? Is it because some dealers are paid higher? or some customers are just dumber?

That's Funny! Yeah I'm used to the label. The answer is because there is such a wide range of buyers. You have people who have so much money, that they don't want to spend the time doing research. So they go into the store, and pay what's on the sticker. Everyone pays the same amount for their cars. So that is definitely not the case.

On the otherhand, there are customers who spend the time to research and shop. Honestly, I think it is a luck thing also. You being a customer... you come to our store, and you get someone in retail, versus someone in my Dept. and you will have two completely different experiences.

I like to think of myself as one of the most honest in my craft. Stop laughing. But, I feel like it should be as simple as saying this is what I can offer, and if it makes sense and you agree, we proceed. And if not, we don't. No hard feelings. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamini View Post
What can do get a great deal without the hassle associated with buying a new car?

It should not be tug of war.

I agree with you completely! It shoudn't. Best of all, it doesn't have to be. I take the path of least resistance. I am in charge of selling cars online. But, I don't look at it like that. I see it as we are just another information source. You want info. we will provide it! No tug of war. If it is pricing info.? Why should that be any different. The only thing that I do ask from a customer, is what they are hoping to achieve? This helps me to show as much information as possible to assist them.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You are cool

Quote:
That's Funny! Yeah I'm used to the label. The answer is because there is such a wide range of buyers. You have people who have so much money, that they don't want to spend the time doing research. So they go into the store, and pay what's on the sticker. Everyone pays the same amount for their cars. So that is definitely not the case.

On the otherhand, there are customers who spend the time to research and shop. Honestly, I think it is a luck thing also. You being a customer... you come to our store, and you get someone in retail, versus someone in my Dept. and you will have two completely different experiences.

I like to think of myself as one of the most honest in my craft. Stop laughing. But, I feel like it should be as simple as saying this is what I can offer, and if it makes sense and you agree, we proceed. And if not, we don't. No hard feelings. Thanks!

You are cool,
Now,trade in whatever you are driving and get a 1.. then you can say My name is Justin... and I am an addict.:headbang:

Thanks and welcome. Just remember though....I harbor hard feelings and keep them, the way I will keep the "one" (just kidding).
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
lamini
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

"what they are hoping to achieve?"

Translation: How bad can i give it to you!

Sounds like all dealers are the same: make the most profit with the least path of resistance.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
Templedogg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, Trailblazer SS, 1934 PU

Are you going to Re-Flash the ECU on cars when they brought in for routine maintenance?
      06-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templedogg View Post
Are you going to Re-Flash the ECU on cars when they brought in for routine maintenance?
Honestly,
You will need to speak to someone in service about that. I can help with sales. Do you want me to give you a name and a number?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #10
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
You are cool,
Now,trade in whatever you are driving and get a 1.. then you can say My name is Justin... and I am an addict.:headbang:

Thanks and welcome. Just remember though....I harbor hard feelings and keep them, the way I will keep the "one" (just kidding).
I have sold enough of them to have fallen for the 1. But, I got three kids, and that will delay any plans for the 1. My lease is up in a few and I must look to the 5 Series. Let me know if I can help further.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #11
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamini View Post
"what they are hoping to achieve?"

Translation: How bad can i give it to you!

Sounds like all dealers are the same: make the most profit with the least path of resistance.
I will show you what I am talking about, give me a scenario.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
You need to directly address the incorrect information if you're going to set the record straight :smile:. Is there anything in particular you're referring to?

Yes, there is both correct and incorrect information around here. You expect it - it's the nature of the internet. Overall I've been presently surprised by the relatively high quality of the available info and the speed at which most completely incorrect responses are pointed out.

... and don't mind the negative comments from people convinced everyone is out to screw them. I'm sure you know how some people are...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lib View Post
You need to directly address the incorrect information if you're going to set the record straight :smile:. Is there anything in particular you're referring to?

Yes, there is both correct and incorrect information around here. You expect it - it's the nature of the internet. Overall I've been presently surprised by the relatively high quality of the available info and the speed at which most completely incorrect responses are pointed out.

... and don't mind the negative comments from people convinced everyone is out to screw them. I'm sure you know how some people are...
You are correct. I apologize for stepping on anyone's toes. I agree completely. I was merely trying to let people know that if they have a need for information concerning a New BMW purchase/order/delivery, that I will help.
We all know of the assumptions of some, and the attempt to have everyone drink the same Koolaid as theirs.

I really did not mean for it to sound negative at all... thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

No no, I wasn't implying you were being negative or stepping on anyone's toes. Having dealership & BMW employees post here is a good thing.

I was just curious if there was anything in particular that prompted the "very incorrect information" comment though singling out a specific thread, comment or poster as incorrect is probably not the best way to start out so lets pretend I never asked
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
lamini
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Let me try again.

Ok so let's say I want to buy a 135I....How much is the least amount of profit I need to allow for the dealer in order to make a deal today?>
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #16
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Today huh... Well the 135i is still extremely hot. And I don't even have any to sell today. But in our market, the 135 Coupe is selling at M.S.R.P.
So to answer your question... the 135i Coupe does not sell over invoice, I would say that the best deal I can offer is a $1,200 discount from M.S.R.P. On an order.
But, it is important to remember that some dealers have hidden fees in their T,T,&L. And each market is different, so if
you are in Calif. and the dealers there are hitting you at sticker. A simple email to the other local competitors should get them off that.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #17
whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

I don't want to hi-jack the thread but were any of your people hurt in the bus accident yesterday and how many cars did you guys end up losing??

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/5846131.html

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
Purgatory
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 xDrive 5.0

Props on Advantage BMW

Alright, first I would like to tell the 1addicts.com forum that I have been an Advantage BMW customer, and I was incredibly impressed with their service department. :thumbup: Advantage is located in the heart of downtown Houston and couldn't be more convienent to those working downtown.

Alan, was my service rep and he was fantastic, friendly, and always kept me in the loop with what was going on with my ride (2004 E46 330Ci). Plus, the service department is impecably clean, and each car receives a hand wash prior to being returned to the customer.

Justin, also failed to mention that Advantage is one of the largest BMW dealerships in Houston, TX and as such is able to get bulk discounts form BMW when they order lots of vehicles from BMW. Justin, please correct me if I'm wrong but because Advantage and Clear Lake are sister dealerships are they eligible for deeper discounts from BMW NA? If so, wouldn't a smart person opt for the biggest dealership (or multi-dealership network) who gets the lowest costs, so that they could get a better discount?

I recently returned home to Canada, but I would have bought from them in a heartbeat had I stayed in Houston. BMW Gallery in Calgary has plenty of room for improvement
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
Alright, first I would like to tell the 1addicts.com forum that I have been an Advantage BMW customer, and I was incredibly impressed with their service department. :thumbup: Advantage is located in the heart of downtown Houston and couldn't be more convienent to those working downtown.

Alan, was my service rep and he was fantastic, friendly, and always kept me in the loop with what was going on with my ride (2004 E46 330Ci). Plus, the service department is impecably clean, and each car receives a hand wash prior to being returned to the customer.

Justin, also failed to mention that Advantage is one of the largest BMW dealerships in Houston, TX and as such is able to get bulk discounts form BMW when they order lots of vehicles from BMW. Justin, please correct me if I'm wrong but because Advantage and Clear Lake are sister dealerships are they eligible for deeper discounts from BMW NA? If so, wouldn't a smart person opt for the biggest dealership (or multi-dealership network) who gets the lowest costs, so that they could get a better discount?

I recently returned home to Canada, but I would have bought from them in a heartbeat had I stayed in Houston. BMW Gallery in Calgary has plenty of room for improvement
I don't know much about their service department but I was not impressed with their sales. I had done some research on the 135i and went to their dealership in downtown Houston to see what kind of deal I could get. I was basically told to stop wasting my time because they will never go off of MSRP. They were not willing to listen at all so I went to BMW West where I got a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #20
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

keeping tabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin1120 View Post
I don't know much about their service department but I was not impressed with their sales. I had done some research on the 135i and went to their dealership in downtown Houston to see what kind of deal I could get. I was basically told to stop wasting my time because they will never go off of MSRP. They were not willing to listen at all so I went to BMW West where I got a great deal.

West-1, Advantage-0

My comment $1200 less MSRP, is not good enough. Tell that to the "money man", its NO DEAL!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #21
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
West-1, Advantage-0

My comment $1200 less MSRP, is not good enough. Tell that to the "money man", its NO DEAL!
Well. You cannot make everyone happy. It is West that has a $497 Dealer Services fee that is hidden in the T,T,&L charges.
So the name of the game is to feel good about it. And if you feel good about it, then GREAT.
But, let me give you an example, let's say that 10 people come in all wanting to order 135i's. 9of them want it bad enough to pay M.S.R.P. but you are only willing to pay $500 over invoice. And we only have 5 slots in allocation... you do the math.
I am not trying to say it's right, or that your CA had any right to tell you no way, but it is the reality of our current situation. I also want everyone here to know, we do our best to make everyone happy. In sales and service. But some request, or customers expectations can be unrealistic. Sometimes. Most of the time we can come to agreements with satisfactory results. Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #22
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin1120 View Post
Thanks for the kind words. I actually help out in the Service area when problems arise. We do our best to make sure that we get our clients cars in and out and most importantly, they are fixed right the 1st time. People are so quick to post the negative experience, but it is nice to hear some posititves as well. Thanks, and we do our best.
Oh, and you are right for the most part. Yes, the market is based on supply and demand. And yes, the larger stores have the larger supply... so your chances are better for finding a deal on a car like the 1.
Appreciate 0