BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #23
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

I was thinking the same thing
      06-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #24
BMWTT135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
How strange is it that some owners have had to have more than one HPFP and others none? makes me wonder if it's something else triggering the problem.
This is a good point/question. I can tell you that my car is stock with no tunes or engine modifications. It is a daily driver, I did the recommended break in, and don't red line it everyday. It seems this problem has occurred in random cases, so I can't find a correlation between driver habits or others and the pump going. Futhermore, BMW has recognized that there is a problem with this part thus extending it to 100K.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
GMT II
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: I ride the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTT135i View Post
This is a good point/question. I can tell you that my car is stock with no tunes or engine modifications. It is a daily driver, I did the recommended break in, and don't red line it everyday. It seems this problem has occurred in random cases, so I can't find a correlation between driver habits or others and the pump going. Futhermore, BMW has recognized that there is a problem with this part thus extending it to 100K.
+100

If I had to take a wild guess it would be that certain states have ultra low emission gas (NY and CA?) but I doubt that. Plus I fill up in several states regularly.

6MT / ZPP / ZSP / Nav / Prem. Hi-Fi / Sirius / CA / Heated Seats (you keep the ski bag) / Park Dist. / HD Radio (because it was free)
Appreciate 0