BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

So I was trying to diagnose a code...

Well this afternoon I went into limp mode while cruising to the office!

Finally got the chance to plug my laptop into the Procede to try and read the code.

Well this is where my first fail occured, as you all know in order to read the code (correct me if I am wrong here!) you will pretty much clear it so if you just so happen to forget to connect the Procede user interface while I am reading/clearing, I won't be able to retrieve it again!

Pretty much what I did - I totally forgot to connect the user interface to my procede before proceeding to read the code sigh....

So I decided to tinker around on the engine bay to see if there is anything loose. Lo and behold one of my cone intake was loose - as in I can slide it up and down. I must have forgotten to fully tighten the clamp while I was installing it last week!!!!! Hopefully nothing bad has happened to my engine .

So I figure I should try to do some logging to see if my car is ok. I got to my strip of road and started doing third and fourth gear pulls. After the second pull I realise I forgot to turn on the bloody log

Nevermind I decided to go for another run, well what do you know my laptop battery died and shut itself down!!!

Anyway I started to head back home until I realise that my exhaust tone has fully changed/evolve to something even more awesome! It went from quite raspy up top (over the last couple of days it has been getting less raspier) to pretty much a deep growl! I was quite amazed and the sound is like 5x better then before which was already awesome in the first place!!!

It was like when I did those WOT runs all the crap inside the exhaust came out or something and now my exhaust has evolved - Like a silk worm metamophing to a butterfly (The only thing I can think off lol). I wonder if this is normal??? Also notice between first and second gear there was a "backfire" kinda sound which was awesome as well!

Anyway just thought I'd share my "eventful" night with you guys and hopefully my exhaust will still sound the same tomorrow morning as I am very excited with this new evolution in sound!!!

ps. I know I have no life spending my friday night tinkering with my car

Last edited by RaihaX; 11-04-2011 at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Doesn't sound like a bad Friday night to me

If you're after something to code-read that doesn't require you plugging in your laptop, I'm previously advocated Torque. You just need an OBD BT key to get the signal to your phone.

Might also pay to turn CANClear off so your codes persist if you particularly want to read them, however the PROcede wont clear them if they're a serious issue that require attention (I think? It's been a while since I checked that).
Appreciate 0