BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Boy was I wrong... :(

Debating with some marque victim fan boys, I was trying to make the point about a month ago that the 135i would be balanced, as opposed to the razor sharp handling of cars like the Evo.

I guess I was wrong. And Garrett was EVEN MORE WRONG...

It looks like BMW has gone all soft on us (after the 335i, I shouldn't be surprised...)

From Car and Driver review:

But, if you were expecting some sort of baby M3 (that's kind-of what we were hoping for), based on the car's superior power-to-weight ratio over a 335i coupe, think again. BMW tuned the car to be a sporty coupe that was also a daily driver, rather than a road burner. So, while the 135i is plenty fast and has lots of grip, it's tuned as much for comfort as handling prowess. The ride is almost plush, for instance, and the car pushes doggedly on the limit, despite the 300 hp at your behest.

PLUSH?

PLUSH?

One more step toward Lexusland...

Total bummer. I'll drive one when it comes out, but I think I'm leaning toward a 997 now...

Now Garrett, what were you saying about the 135i being a track car out of the box...?
Appreciate 0