BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

A Rare 135is Review

Just found what appears to be only the second 135is review I've seen out there and thought I'd share it with everyone.

One interesting thing I saw on here which I've wondered about is how you can be sure it has the PPK installed aside from looking for the auxiliary radiator. At least this one seems to have a sticker on the inside of the hood saying so I'm sure in case the dealer resets the ECU or what have you. Enjoy!

http://www.chromjuwelen.com/en/netwo...st-review.html
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Nice article, thanks for posting. Love the clean, nav-free dash. Only about two weeks of waiting to go.....

(And Greg, did you notice those stainless pedals? Send this to your dealer)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

It's very much like the road and track review which seems to just confirm many of the reasons most of us are opting for the 135is before the 1 goes bye bye. I also bet it's the same blue press car, too.

As for the "nav-free" dash, you know, I was REALLY on the fence about the tech package. I didn't want it, wanted to hate it and save the money, but after I went to the dealer to see it and play around with it, I really did like having the big screen to access everything in the car. I was mad I really liked it, but I did. Part of that I believe is force of habit and I'm now used to having a big screen there in my S5, and shocked as I was, there were many features and ease of use on it that were far superior to the Audi MMI system.

So, having owned a 135 with a clean nav-free dash before, will be interesting to have it now, though I agree, it's not integrated very well.

And yes, I did happen to notice those stainless steel pedals. I bet they look very similar to the ones that the dealer will make sure are installed on MY car before I take it home...only with 2 pedals of course. Then I'll complain that you manual people get THREE stainless steel pedals when I only get TWO and how THAT isn't fair.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Interesting article. Looking at the pics, looks like I made my 2008 an "is" by adding the power pack. I also have the performance pedals shown and added the BMW SSK.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
SHFT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 6MT

"This is a car that’s based around the enjoyment of driving, something that I almost think BMW has forgotten about. With the exception of the M3, I honestly can’t think of another BMW that I would actually own as most their cars as so crammed full of tech and luxury that they’re simply no fun to drive."

wise words
      04-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
KarlMalden
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i M Sport 6MT

Another good review in the June issue of Bimmer.
Appreciate 0