BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #23
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Oneill3, I have a C63 hence why I said I don't have any of the issues you mentioned. You want to drive a luxury car that behaves like a sports car, then this car is perfect for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #24
Eureka
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I've been a Motorline customer for many years now (135, Z4M, E46 M3) and would definitely recommend them. The buying process has always been easy (i.e. no silly games), they've always delivered on their promises and their after-sales/service is excellent. The Dealer Principle is also a nice bloke and a real car nut.

I've bought an unhealthy amount of new/used cars over the years (from just about every manufacturer going)...and I'd probably rate Motorline the best one out there (in my experience). They even answer your emails (unlike a lot of other dealerships)!!!

As Richard mentioned, perhaps the reason they couldn't give you a test drive is because they don't have a car available at the moment?

My suggestion would be to give them another go. Speak to Neil Marshall (new car sales manager) - he knows his stuff and I'm sure he'll help you out if he can...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #25
aedeau
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: VE Clubsport R8 LS3 6.2Ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
I've been a Motorline customer for many years now (135, Z4M, E46 M3) and would definitely recommend them. The buying process has always been easy (i.e. no silly games), they've always delivered on their promises and their after-sales/service is excellent. The Dealer Principle is also a nice bloke and a real car nut.

I've bought an unhealthy amount of new/used cars over the years (from just about every manufacturer going)...and I'd probably rate Motorline the best one out there (in my experience). They even answer your emails (unlike a lot of other dealerships)!!!

As Richard mentioned, perhaps the reason they couldn't give you a test drive is because they don't have a car available at the moment?

My suggestion would be to give them another go. Speak to Neil Marshall (new car sales manager) - he knows his stuff and I'm sure he'll help you out if he can...
I remember Neil, and yeah, he seems to know his stuff alright. He was trying to explain to me the difference between the new and older diesel models, and something about the injectors, I tuned out because i didn't know wtf he was talking about lol :iono:

but yeah, impressive to see somebody in sales that actually has some technical knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #26
oneill3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Oneill3, I have a C63 hence why I said I don't have any of the issues you mentioned. You want to drive a luxury car that behaves like a sports car, then this car is perfect for you.
I gettcha now. Yeah the C63 would be perfect. Now, I just need to get the boss to give me a $100k pay rise.
      06-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #27
oneill3
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback.
Quote:
That wasn’t really the issue.
Quote:

I had a call from the Motorline salesman this afternoon (don’t want to name names), he called to apologise about upsetting me. I thought that was great. Just the customer service I would expect from anyone in the service industry.

I respect and thank the salesman for his apology.

I too own a small business and if one of my staff upset a customer then I too would do whatever it takes to ameliorate the situation and encourage to the customer to come back

So taking my own advice I will go a speak with the salesman at motorline to see if he can help me out.
      06-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #28
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

BMW Dealership woes

O'Neill3:
This is too funny... Why? Because it's the exact type of stuff going on here in Canada.

FYI I have not posted anything about my purchase yet (I got the car) because I want to post everything after it all is done. I got PDC and it failed 2 days after getting it.

I can go on with a few more issues but what really upset me was 1 staff member who insulted me in an email, and that was after I purchased the car almost fully loaded with extras. And to top it off, he didn't apologise himself, another staff did. Anyway, my advice is this;

shop around, for best price.

Salesman role is really only up to the signing, then it's the service dept. (you know this already but others tend to forget, including me!) I think my SA is super! I will tell all later.

If you don't like a salesman, walk up to the desk and ask for another one. If he asks why, tell him! If you get this from a few, leave. And post your experience after the fact to help the rest of us. I have learned soooo much since being here in 1addicts.com

As for test driving. The 3 series is quite close, but not exactly the same.

I hope you find the car of your dreams. I am going to PM you.

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 05:04 AM   #29
oneill3
Private
Australia
Rep

This is a great forum, very informative, everyone is quite helpful and friendly. Fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by espressoboy View Post
salesman role is really only up to the signing, then it's the service dept. (you know this already but others tend to forget, including me!) I think my SA is super! I will tell all later.[EspressoBoy
Yeah, I would agree, post service is just as important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by espressoboy View Post
I hope you find the car of your dreams.
I think I have, 135
      02-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #30
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Wonder how you went Oneill?

I have bought 2 mini's from Motorline in the last year. Have great service from my SA, but I will not be going back there again. I have ordered my 135 from then, but as soon as i arrives I will not buy from them again.

I felt I was ripped off this time. Even their RRP for the car was more expensive than other dealers I went to. I made the mistake of trusting their advice of 'you won't be able to get a better price than this'. Plus I had to pay the extra for the price rise of the Nav. I even wrote to the dealer Principle and all he did was get the SA to call me to try to explain why another dealer would do a better price 'knowing' I wasn't going to buy from them. Craig Rose didn't even bother to reply to my email... Sad really.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #31
oldman
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe

Well, I've had at least 50 cars in my lifetime. Blimey, I have 7 right now. Many have been purchased through dealers over the years with some good experience and some not so good like the time a purchased a new Alfa from a Sydney dealer who had obviously damaged the car when it went in for service and had hidden the fact by telling me the service would take a bit longer than they expected.

The tell tail signs were when the whole front of my silver Alfa seemed to progress to a different colour silver over time.

Anyway, I must say that purchasing my 135i from Worthington's on the Central Coast on NSW has been the most satisfying experience I ever had on a new car purchase.

Not only was I always welcomed with offers of tea or coffee when I called in even prior to the purchase. There was never any drama about getting test drives of an M3 or 135i. No time pressures etc etc.

My sales guy 'Peter' always kept me up to date with both the manufacturing and shipping details right through to the various stages the car had to go through after it arrived here to BMW Sydney.

The collection day was also made very special with the car being right in the showroom, photo of the car with yours truely being taken, then put into a magnetic fridge frame together with appropriate music set off on queue and christmas style 'pull the string and they go bang' poppers and being joined by the others in the sales team for a toast on my new purchase. I also received some free BMW floor mats chucked in together with a BMW picnic pack which contained a bottle of bubbly and glasses serviettes.

What else can you say about that other than these guys are very professional. Know how to treat a client and yes, they will definitely have my business again.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #32
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

+1 Oldman.

Like you I have purchased many new cars in my lifetime to date and I have always found dealerships that are privately franchised and not "company" run have always consistently provided me with the best customer service time and time again..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #33
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
I always thoroughly research my cars before I buy so test driving is not very important for me. Likewise the buying experience. As long as I get the best price, I don't care who I get the car from. I don't have to service it at the dealer I bought it from, so who cares if the salesperson is a crap?

If possible I go to 3 to 4 dealers and see who comes up with the best price. I then take my car to service at the dealer with the most convenient location or best service.

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 01:29 AM   #34
fontana302
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 E90 M3

I've never had any luck at all with Motorline, & they are the closest dealer to me. I buy at least 1 BMW a year (for past 5 years), currently have 2007 325ci E46 special edition & E92 M3 Coupe. Ordered a 135 coupe in December to replace the E46. Past experiences at Motorline include being totally ignored, & not being called back when buying E46 ci convertible individual (assumed I was a tyre kicker based on attire). December experience was the best, they wanted an imprint of my credit card to take a deposit before wanting to negotiating a price to prove I was for real! In all my 30 years of buying new cars, I've never had that one.

I live in Brisbane & drive to the Gold Coast to purchase mine from Bruce Lynton. Great service & deals, I well & truly beat car brokers & fleet deal prices. There after sales service is second to none as well.

BTW, have complained to BMW Australia about Motorline.....

Their retail price is dearer as someone else commented.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #35
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontana302 View Post
I've never had any luck at all with Motorline, & they are the closest dealer to me. I buy at least 1 BMW a year (for past 5 years), currently have 2007 325ci E46 special edition & E92 M3 Coupe. Ordered a 135 coupe in December to replace the E46. Past experiences at Motorline include being totally ignored, & not being called back when buying E46 ci convertible individual (assumed I was a tyre kicker based on attire). December experience was the best, they wanted an imprint of my credit card to take a deposit before wanting to negotiating a price to prove I was for real! In all my 30 years of buying new cars, I've never had that one.

I live in Brisbane & drive to the Gold Coast to purchase mine from Bruce Lynton. Great service & deals, I well & truly beat car brokers & fleet deal prices. There after sales service is second to none as well.

BTW, have complained to BMW Australia about Motorline.....

Their retail price is dearer as someone else commented.

Sounds about right. Although, usually the service there is quite good. I just have my reasons for not going back, and cannot believe their RRP is more than elsewhere. I did have great service from Bruce Lynton as that is where I first drove a 135. If I wasn't so trusting in my SA I would have gone back to them.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #36
worldclass1975
Rep
Drives: 550i

US Military Discounts for members OCONUS

Here is an email on the service I received from Mike Calton with Bavarian Motor Cars. I placed my order whilst serving in Iraq. I have referred several customers his way. First time I met him was in Germany when taking delivery of my new car. I am one of the few customers who get to meet him, as mainly his business is over the internet with serving memebers world wide
who take delivery of their car at a US Port.

Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:51 PM
To: Jeff D
Cc: mike.calton@bavarianmotorcars.de
Subject: Re: Assistance

Mr. D,
I purchased my car through Mike Calton while deployed to Iraq which in itself add to complication, However Mike made this the easiest and
least stressful car buy I have ever experienced. I have bought several new cars face to face in dealerships and I truly believe that buying over
the Internet is the easiest experience as its hard to be intimidated, not that Mike would ever do this, but Im sure you have been to a dealership
and felt the pain of dealing with a new car salesman.

The process is very simple and easy. You pick what you want or even close to what you want initially. Once you have decided you tell Mike and you arrange
the initial fee for whichever car you decide to buy to get the car to start building. I ordered a 2009 and I think I started in Mid July so I had much more room
for changes due to my car didnt start build until Sept 1st. After you nail down everything you want I would suggest arranging the financing or paying the car
outright as soon as possible so you dont have to deal with that later down the road and once the car is built it can be picked up immediately.

I would not trade this experience for anything. Mike is a very smart and motivated guy on Minis and BMWs. I was bouncing back and forth on either the M3 or the
550i. I had never driven either but have a friend that owns an M3. Mike sent me info on both cars and gave me his opinion. The best part is I truly feel he
led me to the proper car for me and believe it or not the M3 I was considering was probably going to cost the same if not more than the 550i I ordered.

Also Mike is like a personal assistant through the whole process not just a Salesman in my opinion. Anytime I had a question I shot him an email and I can tell you
Im not an easy person to please when buying a car. I sent more than 50 emails pertaining to the car and Mike always had an answer whether it was what I wanted to hear
or not which means Mike does not do lip service. He tells you how it is.

I hope this helps you in easing your concerns on buying a car overseas. I would do it again and gain if the opportunities present themselves again.

Respectfully,
James Olson
SSG, USA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 5:46 PM
To: Mike Calton, Bavarian Motor Cars GmbH, Military Sales
Subject: 550i

Mike,
Id just like to thank you for steering me towards the 550i. I still every now and again think I wanted the M3 more but the 550i is by far the
better all around car. Its bigger more luxurious and I dare say much better looking, at least to me. It would have been a chore piling three kids
in the back of an M3 for jaunts down the road. Maybe when the wife inherits the 550 I will go with an M3, who knows. For now I will enjoy
everyone telling me, to include the local dealers, that I own their favorite BMW.

You are an exceptional BMW salesman and if its possible for me to buy through you again even if Im in the states I would do it in a blink of
an eye. Once again thank you for the true BMW buyers experience and making it the least painful car buy in my life.

Jimmy

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #37
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

My business partner bought his first BMW from Motorline and he was complaining how they weren't very courteous even for a previous customer when he was going to buy his 5. They also didn't treat his manager too well when she's looking and she ended up buying from Bruce Lynton with an exceptional deal too.

I always like the sales guys at Brisbane, but I have just recently switched all my servicing to Coastline, as Brisbane had about 3 goes at trying to fix my aircon, charged me for all the labour, and was going to change the face plate and charge me 2k (and I was driving from the Sunshine Coast just to get it serviced)! Took it to Coastline, and they've changed the transistor and it's all fixed at $400.

Has anyone dealt with Westside? Just want to get the best deal , and I will be looking to swap over mine and my wife's car. Still haven't decided if I want to go with a 135 or a 325 at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #38
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

City BMW in sydney pissed me off the most. they tried to talk me out of a 135i and into a 323i for over an hour with no luck. i wanted a 135i. so when they finally realised i wasn't going to be a push over they let me know they couldn't match Sylvania BMW's price and they couldn't even get a 135i for more then 6 months. wankers.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #39
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Thats the difference between a Company owned dealership (City BMW, assuming you mean Rushcutters Bay) and a privately owned dealership like Sylvania..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #40
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

trivett was ok, at least my guy was cool... tho he didnt know his 135i as well as i hoped....i give it 7/10 for overall...=)
Appreciate 0