BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #23
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Save the $3k, call Peter Hopkins at Advan and look for a place to buy if thats what tickles your fancy. Alternatively spend it on blow and hookers or throw it on red/black or whatever gets your skirt up but I wouldn't pay that from a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #24
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
^ Been and done this before -> justifying buying a new car because it's "cheaper" or more tax optimised. The only one word that comes to mind is "regret". Don't do it - save the cash flow and the hassles and invest them in an appreciating asset. Anything involves the bank and interest will always end up costing more.

If you are happy with the evo keep driving it - your depreciation would be a lot less as it is no longer new. Novated lease is only a good option if you have already decided you are going to buy a new car. It shouldn't be a reason to buy one.

My 2 cents.
+1 and well said. Good quality assets are the way to go. When you've got plenty the cars become easy

If you're really set on the car, there should be a few coming off three years leases for reasonable money so don't be afraid to buy second hand. I've sure the Evo is a good car to get around in though.

Also, a mate of mine asked if have you looked into a "sale and lease-back" arrangement for the Evo? Not sure if that can work in your circumstances though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #25
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Hi OP, can I ask why you'd like to switch to a 135i? I've always though the X was a great street/track car and the best interior we've seen from the Evo series. You will have to spend a few bucks to get the 135i to handle just as good. If it were me, I'd hang onto the X for a bit longer rather than lose so much money.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #26
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Back in 09, I got a new povo pack with a diy box for <$72k. All the dealers said impossible, but I kept at it. From memory difference between best and worst price was about $7k!!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #27
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Hi OP, can I ask why you'd like to switch to a 135i? I've always though the X was a great street/track car and the best interior we've seen from the Evo series. You will have to spend a few bucks to get the 135i to handle just as good. If it were me, I'd hang onto the X for a bit longer rather than lose so much money.
Cos he had a ride in my car

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #28
Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
December 2009 when I ordered my 125i Convertible I could have got a 135i Coupe in AW, manual with a sunroof and HK sound for $75K on the road built to order. This was a corporate deal and a novated lease. If you want to PM me I can give you the name of my Salesman.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #29
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
He's seen Jeef Beef's car.

Edit - damn. just saw jeef beef's post too.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #30
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Cos he had a ride in my car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
He's seen Jeef Beef's car.

Edit - damn. just saw jeef beef's post too.
Lol that can do it. I have a mate that desperately wants one, he knows the potential of the N54
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #31
Bimmer_Freak
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

My advice - sell the Evo and buy a 135i! You won't look back! hehe.
I did this 3 months ago. I had a GSR though so it was an absolute pov-pack and the $20K Lancer interior started to get on my nerves.

As for price, well $70K is just not possible. I got my 2011 135i with DCT, Business Nav and sunroof for a bit under $80K (when the list price would have been $94K).

For you tradein - my advice is take it back to the Mitsubishi dealer you bought from. BMW wouldn't give me anymore than $33K for mine, so i went back to Mitsu and they agreed to buy the car back for $41K!

Last edited by Bimmer_Freak; 05-08-2011 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #32
Scoobs
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Freak View Post
My advice - sell the Evo and buy a 135i! You won't look back! hehe.
I did this 3 months ago. I had a GSR though so it was an absolute pov-pack and the $20K Lancer interior started to get on my nerves.

As for price, well $70K is just not possible. I got my 2011 135i with DCT, Business Nav and sunroof for a bit under $80K (when the list price would have been $94K).

For you tradein - my advice is take it back to the Mitsubishi dealer you bought from. BMW wouldn't give me anymore than $33K for mine, so i went back to Mitsu and they agreed to buy the car back for $41K!
^ thats a great price. I paid $81,500 11 months ago with no nav
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #33
jace88
Private
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X MR

I've decided not to go down this route in the end. Trivett quoted me $57k changeover price to a 135i DCT w/ business nav and sunroof (I didn't want the sunroof but they said it's the only one they have). Trade in was $35k where they would wholesale back to my original dealer. Oh, and this price is "with BMW incentives" because they know the 135i is being replaced with the facelift soon.

Regardless though, after test driving the 135i I felt it was quick but it didn't make me excited like my Evo. That being said, I do like the luxury interior, the iDrive system, and the nice chunky steering wheel.

So I wasn't totally moved by the car and thinking about it, it's a whole lot of hassle and effort which won't necessarily improve my life much in any way so I may as well sit on the Evo and wait until the time is right to buy a car in a different class (c'mon R35) or a totally different car altogether. That, and I've put so much love and effort into tuning/modding the Evo into the perfect car for me that I may as well hold on to it

ps. That being said, Jeef's twin turbo was pretty awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #34
jace88
Private
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Also, a mate of mine asked if have you looked into a "sale and lease-back" arrangement for the Evo? Not sure if that can work in your circumstances though.
Thanks for that- I didn't consider it but not really sure how it would help me in my situation. May provide limited tax benefits but the administration cost (considering the car is valued at circa $40k according to online sites) is probably not worth my effort especially since I essentially transfer ownership outside and lose the 'sense of ownership'.

I think I'll just wait until next car and make sure I plan it right from the start.
Appreciate 0