BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #23
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
This would be true of cars that do not come out of Dealer Allocation. Not true for the 1M. It is up to dealer for these cars and most will not honor the ED discount.

I also have this same ED printout for my car, however I am still working on the Manager to honor the price and I am a repeat buyer three times over. Most cars are getting marked up over MSRP, dealers have no incentive to sell at ED price.
Are we seriously discussing this again?

How do you have a VIR with pricing and an ED pick up date and you havent agreed on a price with the dealer? What happens if you dont agree? Does your car get shipped to the dealer for their inventory?

Im not being a jerk Scott, im seriously asking how this works.

I agreed on a price with my dealer before placing a deposit and requesting the ED dates, months later we got the order picked up for production and a pick up date was confirmed. It would be in bad taste for the dealership to now ask me to pay something different from which we had agreed.

If 1Ms are not offered through European allocations and the ED MSRP is only accurate for those allocations why would BMWUSA.com post an ED MSRP? Furthermore the dealer will get hosed because the US invoice is higher than the ED invoice (maybe higher than the ED MSRSP?!). In that situation I cant see any dealership ever agreeing to ED, but I know many that have.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #24
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Are we seriously discussing this again?

How do you have a VIR with pricing and an ED pick up date and you havent agreed on a price with the dealer? What happens if you dont agree? Does your car get shipped to the dealer for their inventory?

Im not being a jerk Scott, im seriously asking how this works.

I agreed on a price with my dealer before placing a deposit and requesting the ED dates, months later we got the order picked up for production and a pick up date was confirmed. It would be in bad taste for the dealership to now ask me to pay something different from which we had agreed.

If 1Ms are not offered through European allocations and the ED MSRP is only accurate for those allocations why would BMWUSA.com post an ED MSRP? Furthermore the dealer will get hosed because the US invoice is higher than the ED invoice (maybe higher than the ED MSRSP?!). In that situation I cant see any dealership ever agreeing to ED, but I know many that have.
Yes I know, more of the same thing again. Claims like I know where 40 cars are, at ED pricing and all that crap again. This seems to happen about once every three weeks. While the rest of the time people are asking if anyone knows of any open Allocation. Not to be rude but Put up or Shut UP!! Please save us the grief.

Here is how it works for me. I agreed to MSRP with the possibility for the ED discount last October. Since the 1M's are coming out of Dealer Inventory each car is tallied into the Dealers overall year end sales performance. Unlike when a dealer requests an ED that is outside of the dealers normal Allocations these cars are fully discounted to both the dealer and the ED customer, but doesn't go into the overall dealer sales incentives for year end. These 1M's are not discounted to dealers at ED MSRP, yet the dealer and customer can request an ED for any car that is still in Order status, pay full MSRP and request an ED Date. This was always the case of M3's prior to BMW opening up un-allocated E9x M3's to ED.

When ED paper work is processed for the requested ED date the ED paper work follows showing the ED discount and your Production Number and ED date. however this is just standard ED pricing of the car based on the reserved ED request that accompanies all Un-Allocated ED cars. The dealer doesn't have to honor this price on an Allocated car which is less then full MSRP. In other words you may pay full MSRP, and yet still request to do an ED. Granted most people who will be paying MSRP won't want to do an ED unless it is important to them to pick up the car in Germany.

All ED cars have to be paid in full usually 2 - 3 weeks prior to traveling to the ED. I still have about 3 weeks left to work with my CA and the sales manager to try and convince the manager to accept the full ED price. Otherwise I will pay MSRP for my car and be happy I have an Allocation at all.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles

Last edited by Redadair; 06-29-2011 at 12:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #25
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
here you go
My paper work is similar to yours however my paper is called: Vehicle Inquiry: Design/MSRP.

Mine shows my Production number and a Status of 111 - Order Accepted at AG

Price is shown as USD 42,995.00 less any options.

As I said I will know in about 3 weeks if the dealer has accepted my request for this price. The manager has made the comment that he would not honor ED discount pricing on the 1M's but that he isn't charging over $5K MSRP like many other dealers are doing. I intend to keep working on the ED price but I will be doing the ED regardless.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #26
!mspinster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 1M

For ED, do you have to go into the dealership to sign the paper or can you do it remotely?

We don't know what people actually paid for the car until they sign the sales contract. Getting at MSRP or under is possible, but they probably bought some other dealer options or did some sort of financing to sweeten the deal a bit for the dealers too. I think there are some lucky ones that did get it at MSRP clean and free from dealers that are enthusiast but who know?

I believe Papethova made his deal in December of last year, he did his home work ahead of time and is going to reap the reward.

From all the hype and reviews, looking for the same deal is quite difficult now but not impossible. Its still early and I believe there should be around 150 cars stateside for two months of production and there are still more to come.

Last edited by !mspinster; 06-29-2011 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #27
NihonX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

My Californian BMW dealer agreed to ED MSRP knowing about the rarity of this car.
I have been on the list since end of March of this year and received the only allocation for them just last month.

Find a smaller BMW dealer to sell to you.
      06-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jag XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX View Post
My Californian BMW dealer agreed to ED MSRP knowing about the rarity of this car.
I have been on the list since end of March of this year and received the only allocation for them just last month.

Find a smaller BMW dealer to sell to you.
Found a dealer today with an allocation open that at first was refusing to do ED and wanted MSRP+$5k for the car. I said no thanks and hung up. 30 minutes later I got a call back saying the "GM agreed to do ED but wants ED MSRP+$5k". Again I refused the offer and told them they have my number if they want to be realistic and give me a call back
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #29
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Anyone know of an Internet Department that would deal off ED Invoice?
Appreciate 0