BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
spoolinE82
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i XDRIVE thundernight

No Boost Help!!?

Hello all i bought a used jb4 off of a 335is today...i installed correctly according to video and pdf on bms... i uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times already and still the issue persist..

So heres the the breakdown
CAR:
2010 135i n54
54k miles
A/T
BMS DCI , and JB+ 70% 91oct.
Been running this for 6 months no codes no issues except 2 weeks ago the car stalled at a light and gave a reduced power message turned off and it never came back again. Car drive fine and boost normally no issues. However 2 days later a service engine soon light came on stayed there until went to pump gas and it went away ..maybe my gas cap was loose? But other then that ive had no issues on current set up

Today i picked up a jb4 g5 from a owner of a 335is plugged it all up put it in map 1 and it started and idled fine....but wait i dont hear my turbos??? I pulled out drove in first ...no power? then 2nd and boom reduced power light. So i figured maybe it needs to adjust to the map shut it down and restarted drove again and same thing...tried map 5 powered on and off and same thing. Then shut it down on map 0 and still no boost and reduced power.. also when i rev it the exhaust sounds like a can ...kindve like the noise it would make if you turn on the car and disconnect the vacuum line that goes over the dci ..

Heres what i did next ...

I configured controls to 135i
cleared all codes
Turned off can flap
Adjusted shift light to 6100rpm
Turned 2 step rev to 0 position
And tried boost gauge on oil and fuel ....

After doing this the car would let me cruise into 3rd geard then w.o.t with no codes thrown
So i tried doing a few pulls codes never came but nothing changed i had 0 boost with needle not moving. Shut the car off and on a few times i tried to pull hard and reduced power by 2nd gear at 4k rpm ...and i never had any boost. Drove roughly 15 to 20 miles circling the block and nothing ever changed .... i checked codes and got

30ff boost leak
And
2f8f

I cleared codes reinstalled stock ecu and jb+ @70% and all is perfect...

He said he just updated it a few months ago and i didnt get a usb with it. Is this a sofware issue or jb4 hardware? Or do i really have something wrong with my car that only the jb4 can see?

Hes going to return my money but before i do that does anyone have any advice? Id like to keep this and get it working...if not ima just buy a cobb ap 3 and try that i really wanted jb4 because i want anti lag but after today cobb seems much easier to work with install wise jb4 is annoying .. lol

Anyways hope i can get some help!! Please!!! Ive searched and searched
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

I'm sorry maybe you already said this what happened when you went back to the stock map.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
spoolinE82
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
I'm sorry maybe you already said this what happened when you went back to the stock map.
On stock map 0
The same thing . The car always idles fine. I drive off and no power and no boost , i have $2 bov mod and there wasnt even enough boost to make a lil noise i reconnected thinking the d.v was leaking with the mod but nothing no fix and still no boost. Same thing happened in map 0 , 1 ,and 5
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #4
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Try post #9

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737380
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 11:48 PM   #5
spoolinE82
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Ima look into that and try in the morning!
Appreciate 0