BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #23
amyracecar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 '97 328is, E82 '11 128is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
The arm rest has a lot going on. There is a storage compartment in it, there is a bag under it if you have that option, and you have to lift it to get to the back cup holder. So it has to be hinged on one end (only) if it is going to be used all these ways. The hinge is also plastic (but pretty large) which doesn't help it be strong. Considering the design constraints, I think the BMW engineers did pretty well. If they had given us decent cup holders (somewhere else) and provided for hook up to phones differently, they could have done a lot better, however.

The armrest is beyond lame - the E36/E46 armrest is plenty fine, so why is the 1er a cheapo POS?
Plus its position is a little low - which means a can of soda won't fit in that back cup holder like it used to...

WTF were you thinkin'

But of course the ease of locking yourself out of your trunk is another stroke of genius and the ~2gal too small gas tank!

Otherwise - I LOVE my 1er more and more each day!
Appreciate 0