BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyv1 View Post
Does anyone know if BMW has released any newer versions of DME software to fix the loss in throttle response (as described below by Dackelone) ?

Thank you
IF you buy or can convince BMW(or your dealer) to install the PPK sw this will fix the throttle response. Or get an aftermarket flash/tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #24
rudyv1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. Would you happen to have any tips or specific things I should say to the dealer to convince them to give me the PPK flash for free?

I don't mind paying for the labour, I just don't see how they are going to do it since the car is now past the 4 year warranty period.

Thank you again

Thank you for the suggestion. Would you happen to have any tips or specific things I should say to the dealer to convince them to give me the PPK flash for free?

I don't mind paying for the labour, I just don't see how they are going to do it since the car is now past the 4 year warranty period.

Thank you again
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

You will have to complain to them about the added turbo lag since you had your SW updated. The new SW level just kills the sporty nature of our cars and gives us a laggy throttle.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #26
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

Thank you again
You won't get them to do it for free... at all.

The people who got them for free got their car back with the SW update and complained hardcore about the very noticeable difference in power. Dealers (some of them anyhow) offered a discount on a PPK or a free one for the complaints of the serivce update.

You cant just go back YEARS later and tell them the performace sucks. Well... you can, but good luck....

393 RWHP / 434 RWTQ
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #27
rudyv1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

This is what I'm thinking as well. I'm sure they will say that the engine is operating within regular specifications and what I'm noticing is all in my head...

Thanks for your input. I will try regardless. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0